27
#2
Posted 2009-May-26, 16:48
2♣-2♦
3♠-4♠ (3♠ demands a cue)
pass.
But since the suit quality is probably not good enough and you might want to introduce clubs it is reasonable to bid
2♣-2♦
2♠-3♥
3♠-4♠
(5♣-5♠)
pass
#3
Posted 2009-May-26, 17:04
2♠(1RF)-3♥
3NT-Pass
Not sure that 3NT is better than 4♠; it's just where I end up.
-P.J. Painter.
#4
Posted 2009-May-26, 17:10
1♣*-----1♦**
2♠#-----2NT@
3♣^-----3♥$
3NT
END
*- 16+ HCP
**- 0-7 HCP
#- Ace and Support Asking Bid in Spades
@- No Aces, no spade support
^- Anything else?
$- A heart suit, no 4 card club support
If partner had 10 x x x in clubs, we would get to 6♣
AS given, no problem getting to the best contract.
#5
Posted 2009-May-26, 19:49
The auction is ugly
I believe that the USA currently hold only the World Championship For People Who Still Bid Like Your Auntie Gladys - dburn
dunno how to play 4 card majors - JLOGIC
True but I know Standard American and what better reason could I have for playing Precision? - Hideous Hog
Bidding is an estimation of probabilities SJ Simon
#6
Posted 2009-May-26, 22:49
2S - 2NT
3C - 3NT
4S?
#7
Posted 2009-May-27, 10:16
more likely:
2♣-2♦(relay);
2♠(4+♠)-2NT(relay);
4♣(6+♠-4♣)-4♠
#8
Posted 2009-May-27, 10:26
2♠ 2NT (second negative, I prefer this to 3♣)
3♣ 3♥
3NT
#9
Posted 2009-May-27, 10:35
2♦ - 3♣ any GF / 0-3 hcp, one 4/5 card major
3♠ - 3NT spades, not interested in your hearts / no ♠ fit, something outside
4♣ - 4♠ clubs / leave me alone
pass
hope this would be the auction with my father
1♣ - 1♦ polish style / negative or...
2♦ - 2♠ any GF / double negative, no own suit
3♠ - 3NT spades / no ♠ fit, something outside
4♣ - 4♠ clubs / please leave me alone
hope both players would be so disciplined and bid this way
#10
Posted 2009-May-28, 04:44
2NT (big 2-suiter) - 3♣ (asking)
4♣ (6♠ 4♣ GF) - 4♠ (stop pls)
Pass
#11
Posted 2009-May-28, 05:15
3♠ 4♠ (GF with spades, weakest possible rebid)
pass
Roland
Sanity Check: Failure (Fluffy)
More system is not the answer...
#12
Posted 2009-May-28, 05:45
Quote
3♠ 4♠ (GF with spades, weakest possible rebid)
pass
Playing a standardish system, I think this should be the recommended approach.
#13
Posted 2009-May-28, 06:10
Gerben42, on May 28 2009, 10:44 PM, said:
2NT (big 2-suiter) - 3♣ (asking)
4♣ (6♠ 4♣ GF) - 4♠ (stop pls)
Pass
How big is big?
I would have thought that maybe a 27 count has something extra to show after this auction?
Is 1NT some sort of negative?
I believe that the USA currently hold only the World Championship For People Who Still Bid Like Your Auntie Gladys - dburn
dunno how to play 4 card majors - JLOGIC
True but I know Standard American and what better reason could I have for playing Precision? - Hideous Hog
Bidding is an estimation of probabilities SJ Simon
#14
Posted 2009-May-28, 10:31
4♠ - pass
#15
Posted 2009-May-28, 10:38
#16
Posted 2009-May-28, 16:29
2♣ - 2♠
4♠
Where 2♣ is forcing, 2♠ is instant second negative, showing no tricks for a spade contract (that includes no kings or aces and not two queens) but a ruffing trick for a heart contract. 4♠ ends the search.
We are off the ♥A, and the ♦K. We might have slam if partner has four to six clubs, 3+ hearts, and two or fewer spades, but this would be very difficult to find. 3♠ would be forcing (partner denied already a trick for spades) and allow partner to show another suit if he cares. But I think here it is not necessary, and if you went that way, it would be...
2♣ = 2♠
3♠ = 4♥
4♠.
#17
Posted 2009-May-29, 12:33
jdonn, on May 28 2009, 05:38 PM, said:
You're right that ♣ support would be wonderful.
Strong 2♣ is not very common here, so this may be a stupid question: is 2♣-2♥-2♠ forcing when 2♥ is negative? My thought would be "no", that's why I'd rather bid 4♠ immediately rather than having partner pass 2♠. If 2♠ is forcing, then obviously 4♠ is a lousy bid...
#18
Posted 2009-May-29, 12:36
Free, on May 29 2009, 01:33 PM, said:
jdonn, on May 28 2009, 05:38 PM, said:
You're right that ♣ support would be wonderful.
Strong 2♣ is not very common here, so this may be a stupid question: is 2♣-2♥-2♠ forcing when 2♥ is negative? My thought would be "no", that's why I'd rather bid 4♠ immediately rather than having partner pass 2♠. If 2♠ is forcing, then obviously 4♠ is a lousy bid...
2♣-2♥(neg)-2♠ is 100% forcing. However, it seems like 99% of people who learn to play 2♥ as negative don't realize this until someone tells them.
-P.J. Painter.
#19
Posted 2009-June-02, 02:14
kenrexford, on May 30 2009, 03:36 AM, said:
You may play it this way but you do not need to. And when you play the (in Europe) popular approach that 2 ♣ is at least a semiforcing, you better play 2 ♠ as non forcing.
Roland
Sanity Check: Failure (Fluffy)
More system is not the answer...
#20
Posted 2009-June-02, 04:28
jdonn, on May 28 2009, 05:38 PM, said:
Yes, a club fit can be difficult to find in the Phantom Club system. It would go like
1♣*-1♥
2♣*-2♥
2♠-3♦
?
and now 4♣ would probably not be natural, but CoG. I think I would bid 4NT here and play there

Help

How do you bid this hand and where will you land here?