Bidding with the minors
#21
Posted 2009-May-26, 16:55
George Carlin
#22
Posted 2009-May-26, 16:58
So I think it is just lucky or unlucky that this contract happens to make from one side but not the other.
6♦ seems like a crazy bid. Or maybe 3♦ is the crazy bid. Or maybe both. If you are worth 6♦ later without partner inviting then we are not worth 3♦ the first time.
I believe that the USA currently hold only the World Championship For People Who Still Bid Like Your Auntie Gladys - dburn
dunno how to play 4 card majors - JLOGIC
True but I know Standard American and what better reason could I have for playing Precision? - Hideous Hog
Bidding is an estimation of probabilities SJ Simon
#23
Posted 2009-May-26, 17:07
#24
Posted 2009-May-26, 17:08
#25
Posted 2009-May-26, 17:09
As for playing it from South to get the ignorant hand on lead, imagine that North had Axxx Kxx QJ10 xxx. Now which way would you like to play it?
#26
Posted 2009-May-26, 20:08
regards,
#28
Posted 2009-May-27, 03:58
jdonn, on May 26 2009, 06:07 PM, said:
Is that so clear?
Some (not I) have a "weak or strong" approach to 2NT, Michaels etc., and in that context bidding 3♦ then 6♦ seems possible to me.
#29
Posted 2009-May-27, 06:43
#30
Posted 2009-May-27, 06:54
On your actual hand this would work like this:
1♠ 2♦ 2♠ 2NT*
Pass
* Good ♦ raise
After this you'll be in game, but the question is which one, 3NT or 5♦. Both will be down on good defense (lead ♠K and switch to ♥ for 3NT).
Undiscussed I would probably bid 2NT and bid again, I guess.
#31
Posted 2009-May-27, 12:20
#32
Posted 2009-May-27, 14:07
#33
Posted 2009-May-27, 17:17
#34
Posted 2009-May-28, 02:36
kfay, on May 27 2009, 11:17 PM, said:
Those bids are whatever you agree with pard, although I must say everytime I saw one such 4NT overcall, it was for the minors
4♠ as blackwood would not occur to me. Odds that you have such a bid over 1♠ are like 0.0001 at best and even then you could double + bid 4NT.
4♠ is better used as hearts + minor (66, ~11 playing tricks) or even as NATURAL, anti-psyche bid
#35
Posted 2009-May-28, 03:30

Help
