partner runs, what's he got?
#1
Posted 2009-May-24, 21:21
♠4
♥KQJ1085
♦Q9
♣AK52
W -N - E - S
/ / 1♦-1♠- X (NFB)
3♠-ps-ps-4♥
X-4NT-ps-??
#2
Posted 2009-May-25, 00:31
I'd settle for 5♣.
#3
Posted 2009-May-25, 10:19
rogerclee, on May 25 2009, 01:31 AM, said:
I'd settle for 5♣.
Then why isn't partner bidding 5♣?
I confess I don't know what he has but 6-4 would make more sense.
I'm bidding 5♥.
Winner - BBO Challenge bracket #6 - February, 2017.
#4
Posted 2009-May-25, 10:23
Phil, the preemptive raiser doubled 4♥ so hearts are not breaking, and you know partner is void. Aren't you worried you ruff a spade, give up ace of hearts, ruff a spade, and if hearts are 5-2...
#5
Posted 2009-May-25, 10:25
jdonn, on May 25 2009, 11:23 AM, said:
Phil, the preemptive raiser doubled 4♥ so hearts are not breaking, and you know partner is void. Aren't you worried you ruff a spade, give up ace of hearts, ruff a spade, and if hearts are 5-2...
Josh if hearts are 5-2, then very likely the minors are just as skewed.
Frankly, I'm not sure LHO should be doubling on A9xxx, much less A9xx, but the OP did say the opponents aren't good.
I could be wrong.
Winner - BBO Challenge bracket #6 - February, 2017.
#6
Posted 2009-May-25, 10:39
#7
Posted 2009-May-25, 10:40
#9
Posted 2009-May-25, 23:06
whereagles, on May 25 2009, 04:40 PM, said:
If partner has the sort of hand where 4NT is at all thinkable, and thinks NT is a good idea now, why didn't we hear 3NT from him earlier?
Or perhaps you were joking.
Nick
#10
Posted 2009-May-26, 04:34
NickRW, on May 26 2009, 05:06 AM, said:
Or perhaps you were joking.
No joke. He doesn't know we're this strong. Maybe he has something like
AQx
x
Kxxxxx
QJx
#11
Posted 2009-May-26, 13:15
Hopefully this will be the last time I try slam after they make a penalty double on me. 6♣ X went for only 1 off after ♥A lead, and RHO refusing to overruff dummy twice, but deserved a worse result. It was an avergae.
Best possible contract was 5♦ as the cards lied I think.
#12
Posted 2009-May-27, 03:48
Fluffy, on May 26 2009, 07:15 PM, said:
4♦ is even better

Help
