unload your thinkin power dont be shy
#1
Posted 2009-May-20, 14:39
#2
Posted 2009-May-20, 14:45
#3
Posted 2009-May-20, 16:09
-P.J. Painter.
#5
Posted 2009-May-20, 17:17
PFormaini, on May 20 2009, 06:03 PM, said:
That's actually very interesting. Might as well make a LTTC bid. Might miss the grand otherwise.
The problem, without knowing your hand, is that you cannot bid anything else to show a control, as you don't know what controls you do or do not have. Hence, you are kind of boxed in.
I mean, you could shoot low or shoot high, but the only bid the expresses uncertainty is LTTC. Anything else sends a clear message -- I am or am not good enough for something. LTTC asks partner to decide.
Brilliant!
-P.J. Painter.
#6
Posted 2009-May-20, 19:42
#7
Posted 2009-May-21, 00:02
#10
Posted 2009-May-21, 09:15
So many experts, not enough X cards.
#11
Posted 2009-May-21, 09:34
#12
Posted 2009-May-21, 09:36
Tony
#13
Posted 2009-May-21, 10:51
Am I the only one still interested in what the real answers would be?
the Poser certainly meant to ask what double, pass, and another bid would show at this point in the auction. He did not intend to ask what you would do with a specific holding, or he would have shown the holding.
#14
Posted 2009-May-21, 11:44
"gwnn" said:
hanp does not always mean literally what he writes.
#15
Posted 2009-May-21, 12:48
Double - I cannot think of a hand that I would open 4♥ that I would double with at this point.
Bid - There may be a few hands that I would open 4♥ with which I'd decide that sacrificing at 6♥ was the right thing to do based on vulnerability etc. I think a hand like that would however only come up about once every 2 years.
Pass - The other 99.9% of the time this is what I'd do. I opened 4♥ - after that I'm supposed to keep my mouth shut.
#16
Posted 2009-May-21, 13:23
George Carlin
#18
Posted 2009-May-21, 14:42
G_R__E_G, on May 21 2009, 07:48 PM, said:
Bid - There may be a few hands that I would open 4♥ with which I'd decide that sacrificing at 6♥ was the right thing to do based on vulnerability etc.
In that case, shouldn't you use double to show a hand that wants to bid 6♥?
#19
Posted 2009-May-21, 15:01
gnasher, on May 21 2009, 03:42 PM, said:
G_R__E_G, on May 21 2009, 07:48 PM, said:
Bid - There may be a few hands that I would open 4♥ with which I'd decide that sacrificing at 6♥ was the right thing to do based on vulnerability etc.
In that case, shouldn't you use double to show a hand that wants to bid 6♥?
Nah - I'd rather save the double for one of those extremely rare hands where I have 8 hearts and 7 spades.
#20
Posted 2009-May-21, 16:41
G_R__E_G, on May 21 2009, 01:48 PM, said:
Double - I cannot think of a hand that I would open 4♥ that I would double with at this point.
Bid - There may be a few hands that I would open 4♥ with which I'd decide that sacrificing at 6♥ was the right thing to do based on vulnerability etc. I think a hand like that would however only come up about once every 2 years.
Pass - The other 99.9% of the time this is what I'd do. I opened 4♥ - after that I'm supposed to keep my mouth shut.
exactly. and you are obviously not one of those on-line blasters who open 4H on various 6-card suits, etc. If the 4 Heart bid was a 7 to 7 1/2 trick Hardy-type 4H opening, then you are out of the auction and this string is moot.

Help
