• « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

BBO for Linux

#141 User is offline   uday 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2008-March-29, 12:57

BBO makes an assumption about initial screen reso, i think.

I haven't had the time to get my eeepc up & running w/wine but i did notice that the flash beta ( tho it is mighty cramped ) is usable with some creative resizing. The next beta will be out in a couple of days, with luck, and I'll try again then. In the meantime, if you have a link to getting wine going for someone who isnt much of a unix-person, my email address is @bridgebase.com (use uday@)

I did notice that something causes the eepc to get disc'd regularly when using the flash client and that needs to be sorted out at some point. Eventually I hope to convince Fred to give us a "compact" client for use w/small screens. it will have to be the flash thing, i'm sure, not the original.

#142 User is offline   dsla 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2008-March-29, 18:30

Well I installed wine by following the instructions in this thread http://forum.eeeuser...ic.php?id=19840

I'm reasonably seasoned with linux but not the eeePC or Xandros ... and I've never had to use wine before. However I'm hoping the eeePC can take the place of my large WinXP laptop as far as possible. To do that, BBO is pretty essential.

I've also just tried installing the demo version of Crossover Office and I get the exact same problem.

Hang on a sec, did I hear you mention a Flash version of NetBridgeVu.exe ? That sounds like just the ticket. I could dispense with wine entirely. Where can I get the beta from? :)

(edit: Aha, found it, will have a good play ...)
Dan

#143 User is offline   uday 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2008-March-30, 09:19

That beta is struggling now ( we upgraded the server to prepare for the next beta, and not everything seems fully backwards compatible). But the next one will be out in a day or so.

#144 User is offline   firmit 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2008-April-09, 15:24

I made a little post - maybe someone find it useful - for linux users.

http://forums.bridge...showtopic=24883
"Never increase, beyond what is necessary, the number of entities required to explain anything." William of Ockham (1285-1349)

• 8 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users