BBO Discussion Forums: Generate DOUBLE/REDOUBLE calls - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1

Generate DOUBLE/REDOUBLE calls Generation of DOUBLE or REDOUBLE calls

#1 User is offline   Frangos007 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2012-January-28, 06:42

My partner and I often practice all our conventions at a bidding table. We frequently need the robots to make a DOUBLE or REDOUBLE call in order to practice our corresponding agreements. This i generally arrange to happen by giving the robot in question an appropriate hand. For example, after 1NT - 2D by me to transfer to hearts, if i want the robot to produce a DOUBLE i need to assign to its hand 6+ diamonds and 10+ points or something like that.
This limits the possible hands that we could have and i wonder if anyone has poduced a script to generate the DOUBLE and REDOUBLE calls.

Thanks in advance for your help

#2 User is offline   32519 

• Insane 2-Diamond Bidder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:Books, bridge, philately

Posted 2012-January-28, 10:03

View PostFrangos007, on 2012-January-28, 06:42, said:

My partner and I often practice all our conventions at a bidding table. We frequently need the robots to make a DOUBLE or REDOUBLE call in order to practice our corresponding agreements. This i generally arrange to happen by giving the robot in question an appropriate hand. For example, after 1NT - 2D by me to transfer to hearts, if i want the robot to produce a DOUBLE i need to assign to its hand 6+ diamonds and 10+ points or something like that.
This limits the possible hands that we could have and i wonder if anyone has poduced a script to generate the DOUBLE and REDOUBLE calls.

Thanks in advance for your help

There is a way to address this issue, although I must confess that it is not ideal. Instead of practising your conventions at a bidding table, practise them at a "Teaching Table" instead. You and partner can alternate between bidding 3 of the hands versus bidding only 1 of the hands. The partner who is bidding 3 different hands can make the appropriate bid based on the cards held in the E/W hands. This way E/W are dealt more random hands which will probably be more beneficial to your practicing anyway. Once the bidding is over, don't bother playing the hand. Simply claim after the opening lead has been made and then discuss the actual bidding.

As already mentioned, not ideal but a temporary solution.

#3 User is offline   Frangos007 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2012-January-28, 10:25

View Post32519, on 2012-January-28, 10:03, said:

There is a way to address this issue, although I must confess that it is not ideal. Instead of practising your conventions at a bidding table, practise them at a "Teaching Table" instead. You and partner can alternate between bidding 3 of the hands versus bidding only 1 of the hands. The partner who is bidding 3 different hands can make the appropriate bid based on the cards held in the E/W hands. This way E/W are dealt more random hands which will probably be more beneficial to your practicing anyway. Once the bidding is over, don't bother playing the hand. Simply claim after the opening lead has been made and then discuss the actual bidding.

As already mentioned, not ideal but a temporary solution.

Thank you for this. Yes, we are aware of it, but we're hoping for 'the real stuff'!

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users