BBO Discussion Forums: An error in FD or in my PC? - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1

An error in FD or in my PC? FD gives a wrog explanation of Michaels?

#1 User is offline   pippo13 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2009-March-03, 12:09

We are using "BBO Advanced 1.3 plus my favorite conventions". When playing, if I bid 2 on my RHO opening of 1, FD's window says "Michaels - 5+ spades, 5+ minor", instead of "5+ hearts, 5+ minor".
What's wrong? How could I correct it?

#2 User is offline   inquiry 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Bridge, what else?

Posted 2009-March-03, 17:15

Thanks for reporting this. We will see if we can get this fixed. In the meanwhile, you can edit your convention card.

To do so, from within the bridge program itself, click on the green conv card button when the card is loaded. Click on the "work convention card", click on the one in question (yes I see the error on the standard one, I will see if we can get it fixed).

From the top meun, click the menu item Settings, and place a check mark next to "Editor". This allows you to edit the card.

Next, make sure the "constructive" button and the "we open" (both of these also under settings), do NOT have check marks.

Click on the 1S opening bid, in the pop open menu for 1S, click cancel. Go to the 2S overcall, click on it... change 5!S to 5!H, under File go to save as, and save the card whatever you want to call it.
--Ben--

#3 User is offline   babalu1997 

• Duchess of Malaprop
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Interests:i am not interested

Posted 2009-March-04, 09:00

inquiry, on Mar 3 2009, 06:15 PM, said:

Thanks for reporting this. We will see if we can get this fixed. In the meanwhile, you can edit your convention card.

To do so, from within the bridge program itself, click on the green conv card button when the card is loaded. Click on the "work convention card", click on the one in question (yes I see the error on the standard one, I will see if we can get it fixed).

From the top meun, click the menu item Settings, and place a check mark next to "Editor". This allows you to edit the card.

Next, make sure the "constructive" button and the "we open" (both of these also under settings), do NOT have check marks.

Click on the 1S opening bid, in the pop open menu for 1S, click cancel. Go to the 2S overcall, click on it... change 5!S to 5!H, under File go to save as, and save the card whatever you want to call it.

Ben i am not sure if he is talking about the text in the FD.

TRY TO PUT NAMYATS in the card it still says 8+ clubs or diamonds in the icons, even if you change the text.

thanks

View PostFree, on 2011-May-10, 03:57, said:

Babalu just wanted a shoulder to cry on, is that too much to ask for?

#4 User is offline   inquiry 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Bridge, what else?

Posted 2009-March-04, 09:23

babalu1997, on Mar 4 2009, 10:00 AM, said:

inquiry, on Mar 3 2009, 06:15 PM, said:

From the top meun, click the menu item Settings, and place a check mark next to "Editor".  This allows you to edit the card.

Ben i am not sure if he is talking about the text in the FD.

TRY TO PUT NAMYATS in the card it still says 8+ clubs or diamonds in the icons, even if you change the text.

thanks

You can change the text and then you have to save it as a different name. You obviously are not allowed to make changes to the default card stored on the system and then have those be reflected in the default card. They were set up as a starting point, and people can add to or delete from them, then save the convention card as their own.

Give it a try. That really should work.
--Ben--

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users