BBO Discussion Forums: One-liner posts - BBO Discussion Forums

• 6 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

One-liner posts

Poll: What do you think of "Agree with Jlall" or "4NT WTP"? (76 member(s) have cast votes)

What do you think of "Agree with Jlall" or "4NT WTP"?

1. I like them, they tell me where people stand (26 votes [34.21%])

Percentage of vote: 34.21%

2. I like them, they're short and sweet (14 votes [18.42%])

Percentage of vote: 18.42%

3. I tend to ignore them, they're useless but short (5 votes [6.58%])

Percentage of vote: 6.58%

4. They're insulting but some threads deserve it (4 votes [5.26%])

Percentage of vote: 5.26%

5. I dislike them and wish people wouldn't post them (14 votes [18.42%])

Percentage of vote: 18.42%

6. I wish only "top experts" would post these; otherwise waste of space (5 votes [6.58%])

Percentage of vote: 6.58%

7. Some other opinion (8 votes [10.53%])

Percentage of vote: 10.53%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#101 User is offline   babalu1997 

• Duchess of Malaprop
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Interests:i am not interested

Posted 2009-February-23, 13:11

JLOL, on Feb 23 2009, 01:39 AM, said:

Here are my thoughts:

LOL: Obviously I created this one, and my initial intent was to only post LOL. I think it is great for insulting trolls or people who are posting a stupid post in advanced/expert forum when they are clearly not without wasting too much effort on it. It is great for saying that you think whatever you quoted before the LOL is complete nonsense without wasting too much time on it. Those who have been around know I have always had the habit of giving these trolls/people/posts way too much time and effort when it's not necessary. I think it certainly adds value when I effectively say that some post or point was really LOL bad. The reader can evaluate if my opinion is more valuable than the person I am LOLing. I am happy to quickly and concisely discredit things that are LOL bad without wasting time on it, and I think it helps less experienced readers figure out what is right and what is wrong.

Am I arrogant? Well let's say I will always think I am ALWAYS right when I LOL some post. I don't want to waste a million words proving the world is round. I do want people to know that if someone says its flat though that they are without a doubt wrong. If you ever feel like I single people out because I LOL some often and I never LOL franceshinden, it's because frances doesn't post nonsense and I will almost never be 100 % sure to LOL her. However some people consistently post nonsense, so they get LOLed more often. FWIW Jdonn used to be my favorite person to LOL.

Also, to Lobowolf who wishes that only classy world class players would post since they would not LOL, they would also be very unlikely to ever post in high volume and they would probably never even respond to nonsense. I would rather Bob Hamman make 11,000 posts than 2,000 posts even if the other 9,000 posts were less classy and perhaps downright rude at times. It's not like you can keep up the same rate of replies if you are always posting long explanations that are tactful and try to never hurt anyones feelings and you have to explain why the most ludicrous things are wrong.

Personally I think the fact that LOL spread so much is a function of how excellent it is for it's purpose.

L O L

View PostFree, on 2011-May-10, 03:57, said:

Babalu just wanted a shoulder to cry on, is that too much to ask for?

#102 User is offline   hanp 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2009-February-23, 16:26

Am I arrogant?

Overall I'd say yes but that doesn't mean that you are wrong.
and the result can be plotted on a graph.

• 6 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users