Is this for real?
#21
Posted 2009-January-22, 18:58
Even I think I would pass it... However we will only be in 6♦ at my table
.
Yay for the "Ignored Users" feature!
#22
Posted 2009-January-23, 03:18
The_Hog, on Jan 23 2009, 12:56 AM, said:
Just wondered who would open 3D all green first in hand?
I would in one partnership, but not in the other.
#23
Posted 2009-January-23, 03:34
White/red I would open that with 3D, and other vulnerabilities I would pass (though could see some conditions where I'd do it w/w, wouldn't be my normal action).
New website: http://www.justinlall.com
#24
Posted 2009-January-23, 03:40
silly question removed
It is not because things are difficult that we do not dare, it is because we do not dare that they are difficult.
Bridge should be fun!
Bridge should be fun!
#25
Posted 2009-January-23, 04:07
The_Hog, on Jan 23 2009, 01:56 AM, said:
Just wondered who would open 3D all green first in hand?
I would at favourable. With nobody vulnerable, I'd need it to be x xx Jxxxxxx Kxx.
... that would still not be conclusive proof, before someone wants to explain that to me as well as if I was a 5 year-old. - gwnn
#26
Posted 2009-January-23, 04:11
I would. And I like to believe we would have a fair chance of stopping in 6♦.
_____________________________________
Do not underestimate the power of the dark side. Or the ninth trumph.
Best Regards Ole Berg
_____________________________________
We should always assume 2/1 unless otherwise stated, because:
- If the original poster didn't bother to state his system, that means that he thinks it's obvious what he's playing. The only people who think this are 2/1 players.
Gnasher
Do not underestimate the power of the dark side. Or the ninth trumph.
Best Regards Ole Berg
_____________________________________
We should always assume 2/1 unless otherwise stated, because:
- If the original poster didn't bother to state his system, that means that he thinks it's obvious what he's playing. The only people who think this are 2/1 players.
Gnasher
#27
Posted 2009-January-23, 04:21
The_Hog, on Jan 23 2009, 01:56 AM, said:
On a S lead best line is probably the C hook, and hope to bring down KC in 3 rounds. Well the hook works but on the actual layout only 12 tricks are available.
I seem to have 12 tricks by ruffing a heart in dummy, and then a choice of which way to take the club finesse for the 13th. On a non-club lead, by the time we come to make this decision, we'll have seen the lead, the trump break, three rounds of hearts, and a couple of discards from each side. Do we mind being in 7♦ on this?
... that would still not be conclusive proof, before someone wants to explain that to me as well as if I was a 5 year-old. - gwnn

Help
