BBO Discussion Forums: bid - BBO Discussion Forums

Jump to content

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

bid

Poll: bid (14 member(s) have cast votes)

bid

  1. 5Hearts (0 votes [0.00%])

    Percentage of vote: 0.00%

  2. 5Spades (0 votes [0.00%])

    Percentage of vote: 0.00%

  3. 5NT (0 votes [0.00%])

    Percentage of vote: 0.00%

  4. Double (9 votes [64.29%])

    Percentage of vote: 64.29%

  5. Pass (5 votes [35.71%])

    Percentage of vote: 35.71%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 User is offline   jillybean 

  • hooked
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 13,026
  • Joined: 2003-November-15
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Vancouver, Canada
  • Interests:Multi

Posted 2009-January-18, 15:22

Posting here because I want E/A responses:



Dealer: West
Vul: NS
Scoring: IMP
♠ T863
♥ AKT9
♦ AK94
♣ 2


West North East South

Pass Pass 1♦ Pass
3♣ Pass 3♥ Pass
4♣ Pass 5♣ ?


Your bid please
“It is not because things are difficult that we do not dare, it is because we do not dare that they are difficult.”
Bridge should be fun!
0

#2 User is offline   MFA 

  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 1,625
  • Joined: 2006-October-04
  • Location:Denmark

Posted 2009-January-18, 15:36

:blink:
Michael Askgaard
0

#3 User is offline   jillybean 

  • hooked
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 13,026
  • Joined: 2003-November-15
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Vancouver, Canada
  • Interests:Multi

Posted 2009-January-18, 15:40

I wasnt hallucinating :blink:
“It is not because things are difficult that we do not dare, it is because we do not dare that they are difficult.”
Bridge should be fun!
0

#4 User is offline   hrothgar 

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 15,725
  • Joined: 2003-February-13
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Natick, MA
  • Interests:Travel
    Cooking
    Brewing
    Hiking

Posted 2009-January-18, 15:40

jillybean2, on Jan 19 2009, 12:22 AM, said:

Posting here because I want E/A responses:



<!-- ONEHAND begin --><table border='1'> <tr> <td> <table> <tr> <td> Dealer: </td> <td> West </td> </tr> <tr> <td> Vul: </td> <td> NS </td> </tr> <tr> <td> Scoring: </td> <td> IMP </td> </tr> </table> </td> <td> <table> <tr> <th> <span class='spades'> ♠
</th> <td> T863 </td> </tr> <tr> <th> <span class='hearts'> ♥ </span> </th> <td> AKT9 </td> </tr> <tr> <th> <span class='diamonds'> ♦ </span> </th> <td> AK94 </td> </tr> <tr> <th> <span class='clubs'> ♣ </span> </th> <td> 2 </td> </tr> </table> </td> <td>  </td> </tr> </table><!-- ONEHAND end -->

West  North East  South

Pass  Pass  1♦    Pass
3♣    Pass  3♥    Pass
4♣    Pass  5♣    ?</span>

Your bid please

I'm doubling...

I'm expecting the defense to start

Diamond to my Ace
Top diamond
Diamond ruff
Heart

With luck, there's a chance at either an uppercut or another Heart
Alderaan delenda est
0

#5 User is offline   P_Marlowe 

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 11,162
  • Joined: 2005-March-18
  • Gender:Male

Posted 2009-January-18, 15:53

X.

But be not surprised, if it makes.

I would of course like to know, what 3C showes,
but most likely I get a ... answer, which wont help
me.

With kind regards
Marlowe
With kind regards
Uwe Gebhardt (P_Marlowe)
0

#6 User is offline   mtvesuvius 

  • Vesuvius the Violent Volcano
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 3,216
  • Joined: 2008-December-04
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Tampa-Area, Florida
  • Interests:SLEEPING

Posted 2009-January-18, 15:55

hrothgar, on Jan 18 2009, 04:40 PM, said:

I'm doubling...

I'm expecting the defense to start

Diamond to my Ace
Top diamond
Diamond ruff
Heart

With luck, there's a chance at either an uppercut or another Heart

Me too... X cannot cost much at IMPs. Depending on partner, he may think that X is asking for a ♦ lead. More power to him.
Yay for the "Ignored Users" feature!
0

#7 User is offline   jillybean 

  • hooked
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 13,026
  • Joined: 2003-November-15
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Vancouver, Canada
  • Interests:Multi

Posted 2009-January-18, 19:15

So you double and pard leads K♠....


Scoring: IMP


West North East South

 Pass  Pass  1♦    Pass
 3♣    Pass  3♥    Pass
 4♣    Pass  5♣    Dbl
 Pass  Pass  Pass  


Dummy comes down with a stiff♥, no alert. Now put your TD hat on.
“It is not because things are difficult that we do not dare, it is because we do not dare that they are difficult.”
Bridge should be fun!
0

#8 User is offline   blackshoe 

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 18,062
  • Joined: 2006-April-17
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Rochester, NY

Posted 2009-January-19, 00:00

I was called when the dummy came down?

First thing I do is ask EW to explain their auction. Not gonna say anything else until I hear that.
--------------------
As for tv, screw it. You aren't missing anything. -- Ken Berg
Our ultimate goal on defense is to know by trick two or three everyone's hand at the table. -- Mike777
I have come to realise it is futile to expect or hope a regular club game will be run in accordance with the laws. -- Jillybean
0

#9 User is offline   JLOL 

  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 1,033
  • Joined: 2008-December-05

Posted 2009-January-19, 00:04

If the guy on my left is someone I know to be a good player, and I'm sure they know that 3C is a strong jump shift, I would pass. In all other situations I would double. If the opps are rational I cannot construct any hand where they are going down 2, and can construct several where they make.

If the opps are either bad or randoms who I don't know, I would double because they could be doing something stupid. If it's possible LHO has made a weak jump shift and RHO doesn't know what it is, then I would definitely double.

I think doubling against Hamman and Zia or something is a pretty significant mistake, lefty has a lot of black cards and they might be making 6 (which I won't double either). They also might redouble.
0

#10 User is offline   jillybean 

  • hooked
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 13,026
  • Joined: 2003-November-15
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Vancouver, Canada
  • Interests:Multi

Posted 2009-January-19, 00:45

blackshoe, on Jan 18 2009, 11:00 PM, said:

I was called when the dummy came down?

First thing I do is ask EW to explain their auction. Not gonna say anything else until I hear that.

There wasn't any chat from the TD; he made a ruling without saying anything to South then later reversed it.
This is online bridge remember!
“It is not because things are difficult that we do not dare, it is because we do not dare that they are difficult.”
Bridge should be fun!
0

#11 User is offline   whereagles 

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 14,900
  • Joined: 2004-May-11
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Portugal
  • Interests:Everything!

Posted 2009-January-19, 06:54

Pass 5♣, unless declarer is the Rabbit, in which case you dbl, of course.
0

#12 User is offline   FrancesHinden 

  • Limit bidder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 8,483
  • Joined: 2004-November-02
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:England
  • Interests:Bridge, classical music, skiing... but I spend more time earning a living than doing any of those

Posted 2009-January-19, 07:04

JLOL, on Jan 19 2009, 06:04 AM, said:

If the guy on my left is someone I know to be a good player, and I'm sure they know that 3C is a strong jump shift, I would pass.

LHO is a passed hand.

Perhaps you should go to bed?
0

#13 User is offline   JLOL 

  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 1,033
  • Joined: 2008-December-05

Posted 2009-January-19, 07:23

FrancesHinden, on Jan 19 2009, 08:04 AM, said:

JLOL, on Jan 19 2009, 06:04 AM, said:

If the guy on my left is someone I know to be a good player, and I'm sure they know that 3C is a strong jump shift, I would pass.

LHO is a passed hand.

Perhaps you should go to bed?

yep, insomnia...
0

#14 User is offline   jillybean 

  • hooked
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 13,026
  • Joined: 2003-November-15
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Vancouver, Canada
  • Interests:Multi

Posted 2009-January-19, 14:19

I assume this is another impossible TD question, the only answer being do not play in this TD's tournament again.
“It is not because things are difficult that we do not dare, it is because we do not dare that they are difficult.”
Bridge should be fun!
0

#15 User is offline   keylime 

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: FD TEAM
  • Posts: 2,735
  • Joined: 2003-February-13
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Nashville, TN
  • Interests:Motorsports, cricket, disc golf, and of course - bridge. :-)

  Posted 2009-January-21, 20:13

I'd be curious to hear what 3C is. If it's a SJS versus a fit jump.
"Champions aren't made in gyms, champions are made from something they have deep inside them - a desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have last-minute stamina, they have to be a little faster, they have to have the skill and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill. " - M. Ali
0

#16 User is offline   jillybean 

  • hooked
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 13,026
  • Joined: 2003-November-15
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Vancouver, Canada
  • Interests:Multi

Posted 2009-January-21, 21:04


Scoring: IMP


West North East South

 -     Pass  Pass  1♦
 Pass  3♣    Pass  3♥
 Pass  4♣    Pass  5♣
 Dbl   Pass  Pass  Pass
 



Here's the full hand. I dont think there was ever any follow up, I'll check.
“It is not because things are difficult that we do not dare, it is because we do not dare that they are difficult.”
Bridge should be fun!
0

#17 User is offline   jillybean 

  • hooked
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 13,026
  • Joined: 2003-November-15
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Vancouver, Canada
  • Interests:Multi

Posted 2009-January-21, 21:09

delete
“It is not because things are difficult that we do not dare, it is because we do not dare that they are difficult.”
Bridge should be fun!
0

#18 User is offline   the hog 

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 10,728
  • Joined: 2003-March-07
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Laos
  • Interests:Wagner and Bridge

Posted 2009-January-21, 23:50

I would certainly have overcalled 1H. Why pass with this hand and an excellent 4 card suit?
Pass now on the posted auction.
"The King of Hearts a broadsword bears, the Queen of Hearts a rose." W. H. Auden.
0

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users