Page 1 of 1
SAYC Auction Response to 1S Opening
#1
Posted 2008-December-02, 17:26
Playing SAYC, what is the best response to a 1S opening by partner with these hands? I have in mind the general rule that 1S-2H indicates 5 hearts.
1. S xx H KQJ10 D xxxx C AQx
2. S xx H 98642 D AQ10 C AJX
Thanks for replies.
1. S xx H KQJ10 D xxxx C AQx
2. S xx H 98642 D AQ10 C AJX
Thanks for replies.
#2
Posted 2008-December-02, 18:12
1) 2♦. 2♥ here promises 5.
1) 2♥. You have 5 hearts.
1) 2♥. You have 5 hearts.
Ming
--Always remember you're unique. Just like everyone else.
--Always remember you're unique. Just like everyone else.
#3
Posted 2008-December-04, 02:15
Hi,
#0 yes, a 2H response to 1S opening showes a 5 carder
#1 2D, or if you dont want to treat the diamond suit a a 4 card suit
- 2NT, If you dont play Jacoby
- 2C, a minor suit response cant be based sometimes on
3 cards
#2 2H, or if you play dont want to treat the heart suit as a 5 card suit
- 2NT, If you dont play Jacoby
- 2C, a minor suit response cant be based sometimes on
3 cards (doing this option would be a little bit wierd, but ...)
With kind regards
Marlowe
#0 yes, a 2H response to 1S opening showes a 5 carder
#1 2D, or if you dont want to treat the diamond suit a a 4 card suit
- 2NT, If you dont play Jacoby
- 2C, a minor suit response cant be based sometimes on
3 cards
#2 2H, or if you play dont want to treat the heart suit as a 5 card suit
- 2NT, If you dont play Jacoby
- 2C, a minor suit response cant be based sometimes on
3 cards (doing this option would be a little bit wierd, but ...)
With kind regards
Marlowe
With kind regards
Uwe Gebhardt (P_Marlowe)
Uwe Gebhardt (P_Marlowe)
#4
Posted 2008-December-04, 07:23
P_Marlowe, on Dec 4 2008, 03:15 AM, said:
- 2NT, If you dont play Jacoby
OP said SAYC. Jacoby 2NT is part of SAYC.
#5
Posted 2008-December-05, 02:45
peachy, on Dec 4 2008, 08:23 AM, said:
P_Marlowe, on Dec 4 2008, 03:15 AM, said:
- 2NT, If you dont play Jacoby
OP said SAYC. Jacoby 2NT is part of SAYC.
Sure.
Leaving aside the question, what SAYC stands for, a
discussion which is very fruitless, can we agree, that
there was an older version of the published ACBL
booklet, which discribes SAYC, and in this older
booklet Jacoby was not included.
Now it may well be, that many guys keep up with every
change in a document they once read, but some dont.
With kind regards
Marlowe
With kind regards
Uwe Gebhardt (P_Marlowe)
Uwe Gebhardt (P_Marlowe)
#6
Posted 2008-December-05, 03:44
2♣. 2m is obvious and I hate a style where you need to bid 2♦.
2♣ I think, I have no interest in playing in a 5-3 fit. I have an invitational hand and am planning to rebid 2NT over everything. If partner raises 2♥ to 3, we are now forced to game and am I happy with that?
2♣ I think, I have no interest in playing in a 5-3 fit. I have an invitational hand and am planning to rebid 2NT over everything. If partner raises 2♥ to 3, we are now forced to game and am I happy with that?
... and I can prove it with my usual, flawless logic.
George Carlin
George Carlin
#7
Posted 2008-December-05, 04:47
2♦ and 2♥ are the book bids buts Csaba's (gwnn) answers are better.
The world would be such a happy place, if only everyone played Acol :) --- TramTicket
#8
Posted 2008-December-07, 17:10
Jacoby 2NT has been in the ACBL booklet for at least 15 years. If there was an older version that didn't have it, it's long enough ago that I think it can be ignored. Certainly no B/I is likely to have run into it.
#9
Posted 2008-December-08, 05:56
I don't like bidding xxxxx, but xxxx is different, you might prevent a lead from that suit and the 4-4 fit doesn't have a longer side, so no worries if the honnors are in partner's hand. Also no worries for playing in a 4-3 fit in a minor because that won't happen, but partner might like to play 5-2♥ fit sometime.
Page 1 of 1

Help
