A10x
AQxxx
A109xx
-
Partner opens 1S, you play 2/1 gameforcing. Will you respond 2D or 2H? Why?
Page 1 of 1
Respond, 2/1 system
#1
Posted 2008-December-02, 16:34
Please note: I am interested in boring, bog standard, 2/1.
- hrothgar
- hrothgar
#2
Posted 2008-December-02, 17:02
Because I have a spade fit, 2♦ is appealing. If partner bids 2♥, we will have located a 5-4 fit that I will know about, and I have the more unusual hand. The unusual hand with superior knowledge is a good thing. If I bid 2♥, partner may raise, but then I will have less knowledge and partner will not be well-placed to follow this sequence.
Against that is when partner does not have four hearts, where I can set trumps, but at a higher level without great information upon which to rely. Had I bid 2♥, and then raised spades, I would get or not get a heart cue, which would help a lot.
In the end, I like 2♦.
Against that is when partner does not have four hearts, where I can set trumps, but at a higher level without great information upon which to rely. Had I bid 2♥, and then raised spades, I would get or not get a heart cue, which would help a lot.
In the end, I like 2♦.
"Gibberish in, gibberish out. A trial judge, three sets of lawyers, and now three appellate judges cannot agree on what this law means. And we ask police officers, prosecutors, defense lawyers, and citizens to enforce or abide by it? The legislature continues to write unreadable statutes. Gibberish should not be enforced as law."
-P.J. Painter.
-P.J. Painter.
#3
Posted 2008-December-02, 17:05
Not 2♣ Ken?
Please let me know about any questions or interest or bug reports about GIB.
#4
Posted 2008-December-02, 17:30
jdonn, on Dec 2 2008, 06:05 PM, said:
Not 2♣ Ken?
Tempting...
(har-dee-har!!!)
"Gibberish in, gibberish out. A trial judge, three sets of lawyers, and now three appellate judges cannot agree on what this law means. And we ask police officers, prosecutors, defense lawyers, and citizens to enforce or abide by it? The legislature continues to write unreadable statutes. Gibberish should not be enforced as law."
-P.J. Painter.
-P.J. Painter.
Page 1 of 1

Help
