BBO Discussion Forums: New Club for Juniors Announcement! - BBO Discussion Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

New Club for Juniors Announcement! Welcome to Junior Flight!

#21 User is offline   spwdo 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2004-June-01, 17:29

jillybean2, on Jun 2 2004, 03:30 AM, said:

I am enjoying kibitzing the Junior Flight tournaments, unfortunately I am “too old” to join the club which excludes me from the hand analysis afterwards.

Would you consider opening the club to people in a strictly kibitzer only capacity so us oldies :) can benefit from the analysis also?
(I don’t know if this is even possible)

Thanks & good luck with Junior Flight.

hi jilly

Thx for enjoying to watch our tourneys, im sorry to have to decline on your request( i get those a lot), we want to keep the private room restrict to juniors/coaches/teachers/mentors .Software doesnt have possibilty to lets say make someone kibitzer member, its all or nothing sofar.

However we do try to provide regularly comments from experts also during the game, so any star on bbo willing to do that is most welcome on our weekly tournament to kibitz and comment on hands in play.Some deeper analysis/commenting& asnwering all juniors question is done after.

Membership is growing fairly good, so we hoping we can provide our first lessons very soon, maybe some excellent players willing to help out (let us know)and mentor some juniors are most welcome too.

From today tourney i can provide a link where u can find an excellent lesson/comment about discipline in bridge( thx michael lucy for providing hands today and webpage)

http://4.14.62.98/He.../discipline.htm

Wanna thank also rich(reisig) and icey for the fun and good analysis after the tourney today,

Thx a lot to all who make junior flight take his/her first steps, maybe some day we ready to fly, but only with your help .

THANK YOU

JR FLIGHT
"if you fail at your first attempt , maybe skydiving is not for you".

#22 User is offline   Free 

• mmm Duvel
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:Duvel, Whisky

Posted 2004-June-02, 03:54

Perhaps someone can post hands on the forum with a little analyse so all forum members can enjoy this? ;)
"It may be rude to leave to go to the bathroom, but it's downright stupid to sit there and piss yourself" - blackshoe

#23 User is offline   Mr_Sock 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2004-June-02, 04:10

The discussion on discipline is quite interesting, but i think it ignores table presence completely (ok more important for F2F than on BBO). I also think it oversimplifies the idea of a "percentage action". I am sure we could generate deals where the % action is different if you are playing against the Rabbit than against the Hog. Victor Mollo's book is full of such discussions. It follows that i may have a different idea of the % action if i rate my opponents as Rabbit+Toucan, while my p rates the same opponents as Secretary Bird+Walrus.

It also makes an assumption about the difference in 'utility' (as in game theory) of good, average or bad results. As an example, a few days ago I played in a slam which my LHO had doubled. Fearing that my LHO had all the outstanding HCP, i took a line which allowed for this, and went off ... it turns out that this particular LHO always doubles a slam when he has one trick (as he told me later). I'm not sure whether or not he should have alerted this double. But i think the mere fact that he doubles a slam with one trick is anti-percentage, at MPs. His explanation was that he is happy to play anti-percentage in a 10-board MP tournament, because he is only interested in winning. To him, the difference between 1st and 2nd place (say 60% and 55%) was far greater than the difference between 50% and 45%.

One final point (from article):

The most successful players understand the above [taking the % action] and exercise the power of judgment, discipline and percentage action.

has anyone told Zia? ;)

#24 User is offline   spwdo 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2004-June-02, 05:16

Free, on Jun 2 2004, 06:54 PM, said:

Perhaps someone can post hands on the forum with a little analyse so all forum members can enjoy this? ;)

hi free,

Maybe a forumplace regarding everthing that concerns juniors and interested parties is a thing to consider.

Maybe atracts some of these younsters that way to the forum, and get to know what they think/need and so on.

those behind this idea let it know here and add your comments, if we coud get some space i woud be happy to post played hands(leaving the analisys to others) amoung other topics in there .

Regards junior flight
"if you fail at your first attempt , maybe skydiving is not for you".

#25 User is offline   aisha759 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2004-June-02, 15:13

Marc hi :)
Who is Helen?Does she really exist, and if not, what is helenonline?I am really curious....... im not a junior, im not a senior (yet) phewwwww.... Gl with Jrflight, great idea, I wish you started that centuries ago, i may have qualified :rolleyes:
You know its time to diet, when you nod one chin and 2 others second the motion :)

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users