BBO Discussion Forums: We thank you and we had to come back! - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

We thank you and we had to come back!

#1 User is offline   bglover 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2004-April-03, 01:07

Ece and I are very happy to say that, due to the large outpouring of warmth you've given us, we decided to try to work out our differences with the other side and return to BBO.

We both want to thank the many people who helped us solve the differences and come to a workable agreement that we think both sides can coexist with. In particular I'd like to thank Gerardo, Uday, Gweny, Malucy, Abadaba and Inquiry for their efforts on our behalfs. Without everyone's cooepration this could never have happened. It was truly a group effort. Neither side got everything they wanted but both sides walked out better off we all feel. We feel there will be a new spirit of cooperation and that all parties can now coexist on BBO in harmony

Ece and I cannot express the gratitude to all of you who wrote to us and support us. It truly was you, our special friends, with all your wonderful messages of affection, that made us decide that we should make every effort to come sort of workable agreement that both sides could live with. I can't speak for Ece here, but in my case I was truly stunned by the outpouring of support. Honestly, it broke my heart to leave and when all the emails and messages began pouring in, I knew that it was right to do "something."

We would both also like to thank you all to a special event tonite: We are going to hold, instead of a Regular Topflight game, a Friends of Topflight, and we want to invite everyone to join us to help celebrate our return. We hope you all join us tonite!

#2 User is offline   spwdo 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2004-April-03, 01:34

hi,

welcome back steve,right desision and thx to all who helped in this, it proves bbo comunnity is trying to work out diffrences and off course differences are bound to happen on bbo with all these members, good luck in all your efforts and my cencere hope topflight and Jr flight come back in to action very soon.

marc
Jr flight
spwdo
"if you fail at your first attempt , maybe skydiving is not for you".

#3 User is offline   Dwingo 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2004-April-03, 02:33

I have read all the posts and was truly amazed at the support you two have in BBO. I still have no clue as to what all this was about. Before I could get a feel, some posts were editted.

I am glad both the parties have reconciled. ( Who was the other party anyway?)

I would be grateful if a neutral party to the whole issue can summarise, what was at stake here. Please do not take names ( offcourse we know one party) and I don't need the juicy details. I was totally lost reading all these posts.

If you feel those details will stir the pot again, then please refrain.
Bridge Players do it with Finesse

#4 User is offline   tritri 

• PipPipPip

Posted 2004-April-03, 04:02

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D
This your return Ece and Steve is a victory for BBO, it means that we are all united, and it repays all which Fred and Uday make for us.
Welcomes Ece and Steve:))))))

Elena (TriTri)
Before dignity after charity.
(S.Caterina)

#5 User is offline   helium 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:BRIDGE!!!!!!

Posted 2004-April-03, 04:29

rehi:)) a lot of" conection problems" laitly, glad to see u were able to get online again. Now that all are back we can continue the turney and hope there whill be no more "conection problems" in the future:)) hehe

kenneth
foole me once, shame one you!!
foole me twice, shame on me....!!

#6 User is offline   bearmum 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2004-April-03, 06:25

bglover, on Apr 3 2004, 08:07 PM, said:

Ece and I are very happy to say that, due to the large outpouring of warmth you've given us, we decided to try to work out our differences with the other side and return to BBO.

We both want to thank the many people who helped us solve the differences and come to a workable agreement that we think both sides can coexist with. In particular I'd like to thank Gerardo, Uday, Gweny, Malucy, Abadaba and Inquiry for their efforts on our behalfs. Without everyone's cooepration this could never have happened. It was truly a group effort. Neither side got everything they wanted but both sides walked out better off we all feel. We feel there will be a new spirit of cooperation and that all parties can now coexist on BBO in harmony

Ece and I cannot express the gratitude to all of you who wrote to us and support us. It truly was you, our special friends, with all your wonderful messages of affection, that made us decide that we should make every effort to come sort of workable agreement that both sides could live with. I can't speak for Ece here, but in my case I was truly stunned by the outpouring of support. Honestly, it broke my heart to leave and when all the emails and messages began pouring in, I knew that it was right to do "something."

We would both also like to thank you all to a special event tonite: We are going to hold, instead of a Regular Topflight game, a Friends of Topflight, and we want to invite everyone to join us to help celebrate our return. We hope you all join us tonite!

WELCOME BACK :D

#7 User is offline   ecepal 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2004-April-03, 11:25

Hello friends,

How we did create this "saga" is not known by me, I guess I am proud as well the fact that we have been loved so much and we were not aware of it, at least not by me,but I guess we are what we are and the way we are made us so much loved, well what can I say........
You can hava a little effect who you love and you know who to love ,you can choose who to love,but you can not choose who loves you back....
And friends I like to know you that, Steve mentioned the rest of it,your LOVE and Affection made me come back,if nothing else.
IT IS GOOD TO SHOW YOUR LOVE FROM TIME TO TIME ,AND THIS IS ONE OF THEM. "WE LOVE YOU FRIENDS"

Aba and Mike I love you too for helping us getting back...

Ece.(ecepal)

PS; LUIS I will hold you for blackmailing me to play with you ,and guess what
yes I will play with you . LOL :D))))

#8 User is offline   mishovnbg 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Bridge - new bidding systems, psyches; Computers - education, service, program; Computer games great fan :-)

Posted 2004-April-03, 11:29

Hi BBO veteran Steve and Ece, welcome back friends! :D

Spoiler
I know that it was hard for you to make so many compromises! But only reason for people to be alive it to be loved, how you in BBO. Like for any other thing in this life you need to pay for it and it will be normal people feelings like envy, rumours... To stay against it, remember all time friends: there are really LOT of people who respect your efforts and unostentatious great work in and for BBO success. I believe Fred and Uday can understand HOW MUCH you did to make BBO more attractive for people.

Spoiler
Hi Fred and Uday!

Spoiler
I have several propositions how to avoid in the future similar conflicts, because they are unavoidable in any normal community, include in animal ones :) .

Will be nice if messages from "enemy", to not come to table where same player play, in tournaments, even messages from directors, club menagers, may be not even not from yellows normally, if of course they not insist (they can have same option). BBO email messages, forum PM... can be filtered similar way, available as option for member. Of course it mean that person who mark director/menager of tourney/event as "enemy" to be not allowed to sign in in their events.

Spoiler
You probably all know I don't like any restrictions, but life is not perfect and probably is why it so beauty :) . If people like to fight against each other, any restrictions couldn't help. But we can try to prevent any private attacks by software, like email blocking, spam blocking... With less possibilities to communicate with unwanted person, less will be escalation of conflicts between them.

Spoiler
Misho
MishoVnBg

#9 User is offline   Trpltrbl 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:Sailing, cooking, bonsaitrees.

Posted 2004-April-03, 11:39

Welcome back, but I didn't even know you were gone hehehe.
Different people, different opinions.

Mike :D
“If there is dissatisfaction with the status quo, good. If there is ferment,
so much the better. If there is restlessness, I am pleased. Then let there
be ideas, and hard thought, and hard work.”

#10 User is offline   hallway 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Founder/Manager - Beginner Intermediate Lounge (BIL) on BBO

Posted 2004-April-03, 12:09

Welcome back !!
Maureen