Declarer play for this 1NT

#1 User is offline   PedroG 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2008-June-30, 09:46

Scoring: IMP

P-P-1NT-AllP

Hi all,

Had a hard time on this declarer play, I have only 4 top winner and lot of work to make...

West leads the 4

I see 2 extra tricks in spades after trying and losing or not the finesse. And probably a club after taking out the ace...

My problem are the and the not really much of stoppers there and afraid opp's may attack there...

What would be a good plan here... what should we try out first...

If the finess on what opp would you try and put in the lead W or E?

Ty all
Pedro

#2 User is offline   jtfanclub 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2008-June-30, 10:24

I would save the king of spades...take the first heart, take the ace of spades, finesse the spade. That way, if the finesse loses and I'm forced to lead a minor, I can later lead the ten of diamonds from dummy instead of a minor card from my hand.

#3 User is offline   pclayton 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2008-June-30, 11:15

This is a tough hand. Even if you guess spades, you need another trick in diamonds or clubs.

If we misguess spades, the opponents are in a position to take 3 hearts (at least), 2 diamonds (at least) and a club, as well as the spade we lost.

At the table I'm pretty sure I'd lead a club up at this point. If LHO rises to clear hearts, I may not even need to guess spades. If the club wins, I can play spades and be no worse than -1.

If the club loses, I'll try to figure out who has the Q. I'm more inclined to play LHO for it, since I will have trouble picking up Qxxx in RHO.

If the club loses, and I misguess spades, I won't like it much, since I will need to find several pitches on the hearts. But I think this is better than playing spades right away.
"Phil" on BBO

#4 User is offline   PedroG 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2008-July-02, 05:26

Hi and TY,

Phil you hit the nail in the head I think, I tryed the finesse on the Q losing to the RHO, that knocks out my last , so when I lose the minor I get overhelmed by the and the ...

Pedro

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users