BBO Discussion Forums: Checking results for boards needing adjustments - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Checking results for boards needing adjustments

#1 User is offline   sandiem 

• PipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2020-May-15, 09:52

I'm having great difficulty in getting hand records up within the 20 min adjustment period so I find it nearly impossible to check for and uncompleted boards I may have missed and assign meaningful scores in time.

Am I the only one who finds this a problem?

It is now 40 mins since out tournament was completed and they are still not available.

#2 User is offline   Gerardo 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2020-May-15, 14:32

THese days we're having a volume issue at peak time, we eventually catch up later, but meanwhile results are delayed.

However:

You can go to the Director Tab, Running Tournaments, line of the specific tourney (if you have more than one), menu shows up, asks for Results of a Player, go from there.

As long as the tourney is listed there (running + adjustment period) this is available.

If you are looking for them after the fact, I suggest asking players to actively report them as soon as they happen.

#3 User is offline   sandiem 

• PipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2020-May-16, 03:34

View PostGerardo, on 2020-May-15, 14:32, said:

THese days we're having a volume issue at peak time, we eventually catch up later, but meanwhile results are delayed.

However:

You can go to the Director Tab, Running Tournaments, line of the specific tourney (if you have more than one), menu shows up, asks for Results of a Player, go from there.

As long as the tourney is listed there (running + adjustment period) this is available.

If you are looking for them after the fact, I suggest asking players to actively report them as soon as they happen.

Thanks. I have done that but Bridge players are notorious for not reading directions 😀 as you well know.

I catch as many as I can.

#4 User is offline   patr1cks 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2020-May-20, 01:54

View Postsandiem, on 2020-May-15, 09:52, said:

I'm having great difficulty in getting hand records up within the 20 min adjustment period so I find it nearly impossible to check for and uncompleted boards I may have missed and assign meaningful scores in time.

Am I the only one who finds this a problem?

It is now 40 mins since out tournament was completed and they are still not available.

I failed to get them all done in time on Monday, but using "BBO extractor" to prepare the results for Bridgewebs also allowed me to upload the results into EBUScorePairs and there I could make adjustments in slow time. The bidding/play on the relevant hands was available from BBO Hand Records.

I was able to capture all the results immediately the event finished by taking the pop-up results window and hitting the button to make it a full web page, and then hitting refresh on that when the correction period finished. It has everything up to date then.

#5 User is offline   pescetom 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2020-May-20, 14:23

View PostGerardo, on 2020-May-15, 14:32, said:

However:

Even looking for them straight after the fact using Results of a Player is not always effective.
More often than not you get an error screen if less than 1-2 boards have gone by.
And even when it works it is erratic, sometimes you will find the board under one player but get an error under another player at the same table.
There is also a delightfully esoteric bug that if you have just looked at a board under player A then doing the same with player B from another table will sometimes show the board of player A.

All these problems (which I understand are partly load/crisis related) aside, why on earth can I not see and click on a list of the boards that finished AVE?

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users