BBO Discussion Forums: Color Chat Names - Differentiate Partner from Opps - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Color Chat Names - Differentiate Partner from Opps EZ to implement -- I hope.

#1 User is offline   cortez 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2007-April-20, 20:13

I have a real problem differentiating chat between my P and the OPPS chat during play. Often enough I only see chat from my P after it is too late. One reason is that it is difficult to differentiate between chat form my P and the opps... the names are all the same color. Chat from friends etc., is differentiated.

I have the ability to color chat from friends and public differently, (CHAT_PUBLIC, CHAT_FRIEND, etc.) Indeed, this is the default setting. It seems logical that we could add an instance for CHAT_PARTNER and CHAT_OPPONENTS.

Would this be possible?

For me, it would greatly improve the playing experience. I'm even willing to pay for that privledge.

Thanks for considering this suggetion.

Cortez

P.S. I searched and could not find this suggestion already, if I missed it pls. excuse my post.

#2 User is offline   Tola18 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Interests:Cats.

Posted 2007-April-21, 06:56

I think this is a useful proposition. Thus I second it.
Cats bring joy and a feeling of harmony and well-being into a home.
Many homeless cats seek a home.
Adopt one. Contact a cat shelter!
You too can be an everyday hero. :)

#3 User is offline   cortez 

• Pip

Posted 2008-April-23, 23:15

Bump...

This is still a desired feature

#4 User is offline   Elianna 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2008-April-24, 00:53

can't you make your partner a friend and the opponents neutrals and use what's already in place?
My addiction to Mario Bros #3 has come back!

#5 User is offline   cortez 

• Pip

Posted 2008-April-24, 22:53

Elianna, on Apr 24 2008, 01:53 AM, said:

can't you make your partner a friend and the opponents neutrals and use what's already in place?

Sorry, even a friend sitting at the table shows up the same whether P or Opps.

#6 User is offline   georgi 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Yellows

Posted 2008-April-25, 08:08

when you type using Chat button, you pick a destination: The Lobby; This Room; Kibitzers; etc.
it should be visible for everyone in the lobby(who didn't ignored the Lobby chat manually.), the room and for all kibitzers.
if your partner don't pick you as the destination of his/her chat, how you would separate the chat for you and for someone of the opponents?
for better designation of the chat which appear you may use private chat, will be separated with sound and colour for sure.

#7 User is offline   cortez 

• Pip

Posted 2008-April-25, 08:52

georgi, on Apr 25 2008, 09:08 AM, said:

if your partner don't pick you as the destination of his/her chat, how you would separate the chat for you and for someone of the opponents?

Answer: Your Partner cannot designate private chat to you during play... the P can only chat to the table --

I put in this suggestion because I have difficulty differentiating among all the chat at the table... sometimes ops are verbose and I miss what my P is commenting or asking -- I would lke to be able to set the P chat to a different color so that I can easily identify wheny my P is talking versus when verbose Opps are chatting. Thanks.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users