Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Fred Appreciation Week

#1 User is offline   Deanrover 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2004-February-11, 14:52

Hi all. Recently the Great One celebrated his 39th birthday. Now, you should always be grateful of his benevolence, but I think that now would be an especially apt time. So either leave him a message here, and/or leave him a in his BBO mail as a sign of your gratitude.

Furthermore, Fred is a very easy man to please regarding birthday presents. He would love you to buy him a copy of BridgeMaster2000 - but is so generous that he will let you keep the copy! So use the online ordering service to buy some quality software.

#2 User is offline   inquiry 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Bridge, what else?

Posted 2004-February-11, 15:27

Happy birthday to Fred!!!!

and many, many more.....
--Ben--

#3 User is offline   luke warm 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:Bridge, poker, politics

Posted 2004-February-11, 18:03

ditto fred, happy birthday... and thanks for all you've done for bridge... i'll personally show more appreciation as soon as i win that blasted powerball, which should be any day now
"Paul Krugman is a stupid person's idea of what a smart person sounds like." Newt Gingrich (paraphrased)

#4 User is offline   keylime 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: FD TEAM
  • Interests:Motorsports, cricket, disc golf, and of course - bridge. :-)

Posted 2004-February-11, 20:05

Fred,

Words simply fall short of the magnitude of debted gratitude the bridge community in general owes you for the sheer diligence standing up, growing, maturing, and now perfecting, the greatest online bridge service the world has ever seen. It is a credit to your concept and vision in making BBO what it is today - an extended family who may squabble at times, but truly loves the game itself.

I don't have the gifted eloquence to try to sum up the many things that are in my mind as I write this, but I must try - it is a feeling of my heart that I am certain that many truly love you and Sherri so deeply and so powerfully that we feel a sense of inclusion, oneness, and connectivity with you whenever you play, say hi to BBO, or simply write us an update post. The world as we know simply stops - we take notice, and feel blessed that the magnamious Fred has spoken. It is that inclusive feeling of togetherness that shows why we are growing, while the other services have had to markedly discount their second-rate and shoddy service rates just to try to attempt to stem their dwindling margins.

The bottom line is simply this: Like the great Churchill stated long ago during World War II to his nation, I paraphrase his famous quote for you, from us:

"Never in the course of the history of bridge has so much by so many be owed to Fred Gittleman."

God bless you always, and forever -

Happy Birthday,
Dwayne
"Champions aren't made in gyms, champions are made from something they have deep inside them - a desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have last-minute stamina, they have to be a little faster, they have to have the skill and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill. " - M. Ali

#5 User is offline   Erkson 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2004-February-11, 21:38

Happy birthday to you, Fred...
and many many more...
...versions of BBO software ! :)

Congratulations and many thanks to you and your crew for BBO.

Erkson

#6 User is offline   Gweny 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Guests

Posted 2004-February-11, 23:09

:) Happy Birthday to you... happy happy birthday dear Fred...
Happy birthday to you!!

How do you say thanks to someone who do all you do for us?

Thanks^10000000000000 very much for all you do for us!
Gweny :-)

#7 User is offline   mishovnbg 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Bridge - new bidding systems, psyches; Computers - education, service, program; Computer games great fan :-)

Posted 2004-February-12, 04:11

......................................Happy birthday Fred!..............................
In my opinion you did more than simple place wher people can play bridge. Because of you in BBO communicate many people from different countries, with different, sometimes opposite religion, morality, ethics... The great rules of BBO, developed by you, lead to better understanding between people and making Bridge instead of war :) . Yes, several thousand members of BBO, but how many people via their relatives, friends...? The old saying about the duty of the real man tell us that he must build a house, plant a tree and take care of a child.
You must be proud of BBO - house for so many people, planted with ideas of humanity and many new players - your kids.
......................................................................................Misho
MishoVnBg

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users