BBO Discussion Forums: I can't sign into BBO - BBO Discussion Forums

Jump to content

  • 7 Pages +
  • « First
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

I can't sign into BBO help!

#121 User is offline   barmar 

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin
  • Posts: 17,749
  • Joined: 2004-August-21
  • Gender:Male

Posted 2017-September-22, 14:57

I've taken this discussion to private message, as some private information is coming up in the discussion.

#122 User is offline   barmar 

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin
  • Posts: 17,749
  • Joined: 2004-August-21
  • Gender:Male

Posted 2017-September-28, 09:36

View Postbarmar, on 2017-September-22, 14:57, said:

I've taken this discussion to private message, as some private information is coming up in the discussion.

In case people are curious, from further investigation, it seems like DaveRolyat's problem may be due to something being corrupted by the firewall at the university where he works.

#123 User is offline   hawkwind 

  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 13
  • Joined: 2011-February-12

Posted 2017-October-04, 14:31

Have the same or a similar problem.

Am using Firefox browser 56/Linux OS and am stuck at the same place - the Flash log-in screen not appearing - the screen stays blank.

My last successful logon to play (using same method) was around 48 hours ago - but from dpkg.log file looks like Firefox was updated from 55 yesterday.

Has that created the problem?

Evidently have been able to log on to access the forum.

Any ideas?
0

#124 User is offline   hawkwind 

  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 13
  • Joined: 2011-February-12

Posted 2017-October-05, 04:12

View Posthawkwind, on 2017-October-04, 14:31, said:

Have the same or a similar problem.

Am using Firefox browser 56/Linux OS and am stuck at the same place - the Flash log-in screen not appearing - the screen stays blank.

My last successful logon to play (using same method) was around 48 hours ago - but from dpkg.log file looks like Firefox was updated from 55 yesterday.

Has that created the problem?

Evidently have been able to log on to access the forum.

Any ideas?

Have received further update to Firefox within last hour and am now able to logon to BBO. Please consider my problem resolved.
0

#125 User is offline   smk96 

  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3
  • Joined: 2017-August-08

Posted 2018-February-03, 12:06

Hello,

Since a week or so I have difficulties with logging in to BBO. The login page loads properly, but whenever I click the login button, it loads and loads until the message "connection lost" appears and I'm back at the login page. I'm using the latest Firefox version on Windows 8.1 and have tried everything - restarted router, PC and browser, deleted cache and cookies and so on, but nothing helps. The only thing I can do is trying to login over and over until it randomly works. All other online services work normally and don't cause problems with loggin in; I also haven't changed any of my compuer's or browser's settings when the BBO problem started to appear.
What's wrong with BBO, is there a known issue regarding the login?

And why, btw, does BBO still rely on the outdated Flash?
0

#126 User is offline   barmar 

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin
  • Posts: 17,749
  • Joined: 2004-August-21
  • Gender:Male

Posted 2018-February-03, 19:13

Have you tried using Chrome?

We're working on the HTML5 replacement. You can try it out at http://www.bridgebase.com/mobile/

#127 User is offline   jdgalt 

  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Posts: 87
  • Joined: 2007-July-09
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:northern California
  • Interests:Also a board game player (I'm "jdgalt" on BoardGameGeek, too).

Posted 2018-July-22, 09:19

I'm locked out of BBO again.

The regular BBO login has been unusable for over a year (it demands a version of Flash that doesn't exist for Linux).

So I've been using the mobile URL. But today, that URL pops up a little box "Could not load critical file. Please check your Internet connection and try again."

Using Ubuntu Linux 17.10 on a 64-bit AMD Athlon 5150 with 16G of RAM and 2TB of disk space.
0

#128 User is offline   diana_eva 

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin
  • Posts: 4,205
  • Joined: 2009-July-26
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:bucharest / romania

Posted 2018-July-23, 08:54

View Postjdgalt, on 2018-July-22, 09:19, said:

I'm locked out of BBO again.

The regular BBO login has been unusable for over a year (it demands a version of Flash that doesn't exist for Linux).

So I've been using the mobile URL. But today, that URL pops up a little box "Could not load critical file. Please check your Internet connection and try again."

Using Ubuntu Linux 17.10 on a 64-bit AMD Athlon 5150 with 16G of RAM and 2TB of disk space.


You can try the technology preview of BBO's html5 version:
http://www.bridgebas...tro/preview.php

See if that works? We'll check what's going on with the mobile link, but that was not meant for public use, and not posted anywhere visible. We passed it around to people who were unable to use flash for one reason or another.

#129 User is offline   MatCauthon 

  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 10
  • Joined: 2013-October-31

Posted 2018-October-24, 19:21

I haven't been able to sign in for the last couple of hours. I'm using the Android app, and it says version 5.0.9. it gets stuck at Connecting. Please wait... Play anonymously works, so I don't think it's related to my connection.
0

#130 User is offline   barmar 

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin
  • Posts: 17,749
  • Joined: 2004-August-21
  • Gender:Male

Posted 2018-October-25, 08:37

View PostMatCauthon, on 2018-October-24, 19:21, said:

I haven't been able to sign in for the last couple of hours. I'm using the Android app, and it says version 5.0.9. it gets stuck at Connecting. Please wait... Play anonymously works, so I don't think it's related to my connection.

Our main database server was down for a couple of hours last night, no one could login.

#131 User is offline   thedewed 

  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1
  • Joined: 2018-November-07

Posted 2018-November-07, 11:06

View PostMatCauthon, on 2018-October-24, 19:21, said:

I haven't been able to sign in for the last couple of hours. I'm using the Android app, and it says version 5.0.9. it gets stuck at Connecting. Please wait... Play anonymously works, so I don't think it's related to my connection.


I have this same issue. have used android 5.0.1 for years on bbo android app, and after a factory reset, when I try to login on via the app, it gets hung up and freezes while trying to connect. anyone know of a fix? thanks,
0

#132 User is offline   barmar 

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin
  • Posts: 17,749
  • Joined: 2004-August-21
  • Gender:Male

Posted 2018-November-08, 09:27

5.0.1 is a very old version, you should upgrade to the current 5.0.9 version.

Share this topic:


  • 7 Pages +
  • « First
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users