• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Nashville who is going

#21 User is offline   goobers 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2007-July-02, 17:42

Take pictures at the party and post please!

#22 User is offline   jchiu 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2007-July-02, 21:45

I will be in Nashville from July 18-30. I will be playing primarily knockouts, but may try a national team event here or there.

#23 User is offline   fred 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2007-July-11, 16:25

It looks like there will be a party of sorts for BBO members at ACBL's upcoming NABC in Nashville, TN. The details are still being worked out, but the following seems likely:

- The party will be held between the afternoon and evening sessions on Wednesday, July 25.
- We will have our own room at the Convention Center in Nashville (thanks to ACBL for helping to arrange this)
- Admission will be free
- Food will be free
- There will be a cash bar
- All BBO members are invited
- BBO owners Fred, Sheri, and Uday (who loves to be photographed) will be there
- There is a good chance that some exciting new BBO software will be shown to the public for the first time at this party.

For those of you who cannot attend, there is a good chance that we will announce the exciting new BBO software in Forums shortly after the end of the Nashville tournament.

I will post more details as I receive them.

Fred Gitelman
Bridge Base Inc.
www.bridgebase.com

#24 User is offline   Elianna 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2007-July-11, 18:12

Hi Fred!

I don't know if it's asking too much, but those of us with feeble memories (or is it only me?) would really appreciate if you put an advertisement in the Bridge Bulletin that Wednesday, and a notice on BBO.

Thanks! Looking forward to seeing you again, if I actually manage to remember on Wednesday (which I'm hoping that I will).
My addiction to Mario Bros #3 has come back!

#25 Guest_Jlall_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 2007-July-11, 22:19

free food, im in :P

#26 User is offline   fred 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2007-July-12, 07:31

Elianna, on Jul 12 2007, 12:12 AM, said:

Hi Fred!

I don't know if it's asking too much, but those of us with feeble memories (or is it only me?) would really appreciate if you put an advertisement in the Bridge Bulletin that Wednesday, and a notice on BBO.

Thanks! Looking forward to seeing you again, if I actually manage to remember on Wednesday (which I'm hoping that I will).

I will make sure there are some reminders in the Daily Bulletin.

I am looking forward to seeing you again too, Elianna ;)

Fred Gitelman
Bridge Base Inc.
www.bridgebase.com

#27 User is offline   Gerben42 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Astronomy, Mathematics
    Nuclear power

Posted 2007-July-12, 07:37

I can't make it (by 5000 miles) so please share any photographs of the party in some way. Thanks ;)
Two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts do!
My Bridge Systems Page

BC Kultcamp Rieneck

#28 User is offline   keylime 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: FD TEAM
  • Interests:Motorsports, cricket, disc golf, and of course - bridge. :-)

Posted 2007-July-12, 08:43

Hmmm I wonder if my hotel has kitchen facilities for piemaking....
"Champions aren't made in gyms, champions are made from something they have deep inside them - a desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have last-minute stamina, they have to be a little faster, they have to have the skill and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill. " - M. Ali

#29 User is offline   Aberlour10 

• Vugrapholic
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2007-July-12, 10:12

Gerben42, on Jul 12 2007, 08:37 AM, said:

I can't make it (by 5000 miles) so please share any photographs of the party in some way. Thanks :)

a small video movie (on youtube) from the party & software presentation would be great for the absent part of the bbo community :)

Robert
Preempts are Aberlour's best bridge friends

#30 User is offline   fred 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2007-July-23, 18:26

The BBO party will be in room 108 of the Nashville Convention Center starting around 5PM on Wednesday, July 25.

Hope to see you there :)

Fred Gitelman
Bridge Base Inc.
www.bridgebase.com

#31 User is offline   jdonn 

• - - T98765432 AQT8
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2007-July-23, 19:05

I left until the second weekend, but I left my poker chips in the hands of some jokers in Nashville. Use them wisely.
Please let me know about any questions or interest or bug reports about GIB.

#32 User is offline   Dwingo 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2007-July-25, 22:46

fred, on Jul 12 2007, 03:55 AM, said:

- There is a good chance that some exciting new BBO software will be shown to the public for the first time at this party.

For those of you who cannot attend, there is a good chance that we will announce the exciting new BBO software in Forums shortly after the end of the Nashville tournament.

I will post more details as I receive them.

Fred Gitelman
Bridge Base Inc.
www.bridgebase.com

Did anyone get to see the private preview of the exciting new BBO software?

Can't hold the suspense any longer. Can someone post the details.
Bridge Players do it with Finesse

#33 User is offline   keylime 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2007-July-25, 23:30

I was at the get-together today - the demo was unable to be performed due to the poor, shaky internet at the Convention Center.

He did not get to go into the major details, but from what we were told, BBO is going to be offered in both the client form and the web interface form in the next few weeks. It will use the Flash engine.
"Champions aren't made in gyms, champions are made from something they have deep inside them - a desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have last-minute stamina, they have to be a little faster, they have to have the skill and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill. " - M. Ali

#34 User is offline   mike777 

Posted 2007-July-25, 23:35

keylime, on Jul 26 2007, 12:30 AM, said:

I was at the get-together today - the demo was unable to be performed due to the poor, shaky internet at the Convention Center.

He did not get to go into the major details, but from what we were told, BBO is going to be offered in both the client form and the web interface form in the next few weeks. It will use the Flash engine.

English please *sigh* :)

We could care less about functions, tell us benefits :)

#35 User is offline   helene_t 

• The Abbess

Posted 2007-July-26, 01:11

Which Flash version will it require? Currently Adobe Flash for Linux is only available through version 7.0 AFAIK. In any case this is great news for the Mac users.
The world would be such a happy place, if only everyone played Acol :) --- TramTicket

#36 User is offline   rbforster 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2007-July-26, 01:42

I'll be dropping in for this coming weekend, Fri-Sun, to play in the big swiss teams event.

#37 User is offline   fred 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2007-July-26, 10:15

mike777, on Jul 26 2007, 05:35 AM, said:

keylime, on Jul 26 2007, 12:30 AM, said:

English please *sigh* :D

We could care less about functions, tell us benefits :blink:

Benefits include (in no particular order):

1) New BBO members will be able to log in for the first time and play or watch in a matter of seconds. Painless downloads (for most people), no software to install (for most people), no firewall issues (for most people). You don't even need to sign up for a user ID (there will be a mode for "anonymous login").

2) The user interface will be greatly simplified.

3) The quality of the graphics will be greatly improved.

4) It will be very easy for us to release new versions whenever we feel like it (it is very hard for us to do this with the current BBO software). Upgrading will be completely painless for our members.

5) It will be much easier for us to work with 3rd party programmers to develop modules that can be integrated into BBO.

6) Much faster logins and connections in general (especially important for people with dialup).

7) People will be able to access BBO on non-Windows machines. For now that might mean only Macs, but the time will likely come when other types of devices (various handheld gadgets and TVs for example) will be able to run BBO.

8) The existing BBO software has a limit of 25K simultaneous logins, but we are not sure our servers can really handle that much traffic. We expect the new software will allow many more people to log in at the same time.

9) Something that I think is a "big idea" which I am not ready to discuss in public just yet.

I am hoping that we will announce the release of a demo version within a week or so after the end of the Nashville tournament.

Thanks to the many people who came to our party :)

Fred Gitelman
Bridge Base Inc.
www.bridgebase.com

#38 User is offline   ArcLight 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Rowing. Wargaming. Military history.

Posted 2007-July-26, 10:52

>2) The user interface will be greatly simplified.

Maybe I'm missing something, but what needs to be simplified?
What do users find confusing? Edit Profile?

>6) Much faster logins and connections in general (especially important for people with dialup).

With my 5 1/2 year old PC using a 358K DSL, it takes about 2 minutes for the BBO connection to complete.

What I'd love is a feature where I can mark players not as enemy, but as someone I dont want to play with. :blink:

Another NEAT feature I'd LOVE would be color the players in the main room based on their skill level. :D :)
Example - I'm looking for a game to play in. I see a vacancy, I look at the pards profile. Beginner. ok, next ... Here is a spot GOOD 2/1 Advanced , I sit, DRAT , someone beat me to it.

If insted there was a color spectrum, Pink/Red = Novice, Orange = Beginner, Green = Intermediate, Blue - Advanced, Purple = Expert

WC get their star. Enemies are black. People you makr as "Dont play with" can be Gray.

#39 User is offline   keylime 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2007-July-26, 23:24

I eagerly look forward to playing BBO on a Mac.

BTW Fred, REALLY nice spread you had for the get-together, and thanks a million for your kind words to me.

#40 User is offline   Free 

• mmm Duvel
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Duvel, Whisky

Posted 2007-July-27, 03:54

Will it be playable on mobile phones? :)
"It may be rude to leave to go to the bathroom, but it's downright stupid to sit there and piss yourself" - blackshoe

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users