• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Dog Ate My Homework The Bush Team and John Belushi

#1 User is offline   Winstonm 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:Art, music

Posted 2007-April-15, 15:47

Sometimes it gets almost too comical for anger.

Congressional oversight committees and reporters covering the U.S. attorneys firing scandal waited with bated breath Thursday night for yet another huge document drop revealing more details in the Bush administration's plan to fire eight U.S. attorneys.

They waited, and waited. But the documents weren't delivered to the House and Senate Judiciary committees until this morning because -- no joke -- the Justice Department's copy machine broke.
As if the broken copier weren't enough, something even worse happened: the DOJ's computer server went down this morning just as agency officials were trying to email around 2,000 pages worth of documents to Capitol Hill.

But wait, that's not all! After the server went down, the car transporting hard copies of the documents to the Hill got a flat tire.Or at least that's the dog-ate-my-homework excuse the Justice Department provided to the committees, according to Judiciary committee aides who asked to remain anonymous.

Kind of reminds you of John Belushi and Kerri Fisher in The Blues Brothers, doesn't it?

Jake:[Falling to his knees before her]

Oh please don't kill us. Please, please don't kill us. You know I love ya baby, I wouldn't leave ya. It wasn't my fault.
Women: You miserable slug. You think you can talk you're way out of this? You betrayed me.
Jake: No, I didn't. Honest. I ran outta gas. I had a flat tire. I didn't have enough money for cab fare. My tux didn't come back from the cleaners. An old friend came in from outta town. Someone stole my car. There was an earthquake, a terrible flood, locust's. It wasn't my fault!! I swear to God!!

The copy machine broke. The server went down. The car had a flat tire. An earthquake, a terrible flood. Locusts. It wasn't my fault. I swear to God!
"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere." Black Lives Matter. / "I need ammunition, not a ride." Zelensky

#2 User is offline   pbleighton 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2007-April-15, 16:02

The entire U.S. Attorneys scandal is remarkable for its complete lack of necessity.

What they did originally was smelly, but in no way criminal. Had they merely told the truth, then said "if you don't like it, tough", it would have been over in a week and forgotten in a month.

"The coverup is worse than the crime" is commonplace in politics. This one is just remarkably silly.

Peter

#3 User is offline   mike777 

Posted 2007-April-15, 16:17

Thought I heard somewhere that the person in charge of the AG's day to day and hiring and firing was a 33 year old female who never prosecuted a case. She went to law school at Pat Robertson's Christian law school. This stuff may or may not be true but didn't we(me) vote Bush in so the adults could run the government, at least the important departments? One may or may not agree with Mrs. Clinton's policy statements but one wonders how the Dems could do a worse job..except perhaps if she raises taxes and kills off the economy.

#4 User is offline   pbleighton 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2007-April-15, 16:20

"One may or may not agree with Mrs. Clinton's policy statements but one wonders how the Dems could do a worse job..except perhaps if she raises taxes and kills off the economy."

Umm, like her husband killed off the economy?

:ph34r:

Peter

#5 User is offline   Winstonm 

• Interests:Art, music

Posted 2007-April-15, 16:28

Thought I heard somewhere that the person in charge of the AG's day to day and hiring and firing was a 33 year old female who never prosecuted a case.

This would be another example of the Wolfowitz Pardigm?
"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere." Black Lives Matter. / "I need ammunition, not a ride." Zelensky

#6 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2007-April-16, 09:56

mike777, on Apr 15 2007, 05:17 PM, said:

Thought I heard somewhere that the person in charge of the AG's day to day and hiring and firing was a 33 year old female who never prosecuted a case. She went to law school at Pat Robertson's Christian law school.

Yeah, Bill Maher ranted about this on his show this past weekend. Said law school ranks in the bottom tier of the ranking of all law schools. I was hardly surprised -- his administration is full of cronies who are often underqualified (remember Michael Brown?).

I especially liked the closing punch line of his monologue: now that she's been brought up on charges, she's hired a lawyer who went to a real law school.

#7 User is online   P_Marlowe 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2007-April-16, 10:16

mike777, on Apr 15 2007, 05:17 PM, said:

... but one wonders how the Dems could do a worse job..except perhaps if she raises taxes and kills off the economy.

Looking at the current US budget deficit,
anyone who gets elected will have to
raise taxes.

With kind regards
Marlowe
With kind regards
Uwe Gebhardt (P_Marlowe)

#8 User is offline   Al_U_Card 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2007-April-16, 13:24

You guys (Americans) know you are in trouble when.....

On a local (french language) talk show, a 20 something punk rocker plugging his first album, when asked what is important to him, he includes the vilification of Bush et al as being the worst "thing" in the world.

What hath God wrought?
The Grand Design, reflected in the face of Chaos...it's a fluke!

#9 User is offline   mike777 

Posted 2007-April-16, 14:09

Al_U_Card, on Apr 16 2007, 02:24 PM, said:

You guys (Americans) know you are in trouble when.....

On a local (french language) talk show, a 20 something punk rocker plugging his first album, when asked what is important to him, he includes the vilification of Bush et al as being the worst "thing" in the world.

What hath God wrought?

Wow what a nice life this punker must have if this is the worst thing in the world to him.

#10 User is offline   Al_U_Card 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2007-April-16, 14:58

Nah, Mike, Its just that even a drug-addled, post-pubescent, semi-deaf and potentially illiterate musician still has enough wherewithall to see reality for what it is......
The Grand Design, reflected in the face of Chaos...it's a fluke!

#11 User is offline   helene_t 

• The Abbess

Posted 2007-April-17, 01:19

P_Marlowe, on Apr 16 2007, 06:16 PM, said:

Looking at the current US budget deficit,
anyone who gets elected will have to
raise taxes.

Absolutely, provided that the value of the dollar will be high enough for the government to be able to pay the tax collectors' salary by printing green pieces of paper.

It's funny that Keynesianism is still by many people associated with the left. The current U.S. government obviously believes in boosting the economy by running an enormous deficit. On a scale of Keynesianism it may look like
0 = Friedman (tara point for monetarism)
100 = Keynes (tara point for Keynesianism)
100000 = Bush (a silly joke about Keynesianism)

Mike777 said:

]Thought I heard somewhere that the person in charge of the AG's day to day and hiring and firing was a 33 year old female who never prosecuted a case. She went to law school at Pat Robertson's Christian law school.

I'm not familar with the reputation of said law school, but why would an HR manager need legal expertise? The HRM who hired me for this position at the genetics department of a university (and who is going to fire me when they find out that 98% of my work internet activity is related to bridgebase.com, lol) probably can't tell the differense between a gene and chromosome either.

I'd rather lke to know what HRM school she went to.
The world would be such a happy place, if only everyone played Acol :) --- TramTicket

#12 User is offline   mike777 

Posted 2007-April-17, 02:24

Sigh...sigh

I guess economics is really tough given all these comments.

For lessons..email me.....<_<

My AG comment was meant as a sigh...a great Bush sigh.....I hear reports she was number 3 in usa justice department.......

Yes I mean...she should be..number ......50000 after helena......I vote for her...as number 3 in usa justice ...........

Yes yes....I understand she is hmmm what? phd in what? :)

#13 User is offline   helene_t 

• The Abbess

Posted 2007-April-17, 03:11

mike777, on Apr 17 2007, 10:24 AM, said:

Sigh...sigh

My AG comment was meant as a sigh...a great Bush sigh.....I hear reports she was number 3 in usa justice department.......

Yes I mean...she should be..number ......50000 after helena......I vote for her...as number 3 in usa justice ...........

Thanks for the job offer, Mike. If Hirsi Ali enjoys working for Bush, I'd probably like it as well. Besides, I'm sufficiently legaly ignorant to qualify for a job at the justice department. As a side bonus, I don't know anything about HRM either.

Only problem is that I might get problems boarding a flight to Washington. I once participated in a peace march ......

As for my Ph.D.: I did Bayesian statistics. You may have heard of the Dutch Bayesian statistician who calculated that the probability that God exists is 70%. Bush would proably like that kind of science as well.
The world would be such a happy place, if only everyone played Acol :) --- TramTicket

#14 User is offline   mike777 

Posted 2007-April-17, 03:54

helene_t, on Apr 17 2007, 04:11 AM, said:

mike777, on Apr 17 2007, 10:24 AM, said:

Sigh...sigh

Thanks for the job offer, Mike. If Hirsi Ali enjoys working for Bush, I'd probably like it as well. Besides, I'm sufficiently legaly ignorant to qualify for a job at the justice department. As a side bonus, I don't know anything about HRM either.

Only problem is that I might get problems boarding a flight to Washington. I once participated in a peace march ......

As for my Ph.D.: I did Bayesian statistics. You may have heard of the Dutch Bayesian statistician who calculated that the probability that God exists is 70%. Bush would proably like that kind of science as well.

ok ok

we all know baysian is what....100 years old...200 years old....anyway has science moved on?...anyway...anyway.... Iwas taught this stuff and that more advanced stats stuff by hmmm who?..anyway,.no one really understands this stuff except helena.

this bush appt, was 33 and seems to know nothing.....I vote for the helena of netherlands?

#15 User is offline   kenberg 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2007-April-25, 07:55

"You may have heard of the Dutch Bayesian statistician who calculated that the probability that God exists is 70%"

Missed that bit of news. Over here we are still trying to work out the reason that God, who sees no reason to intervene in campaigns of ethnic cleansing, is expected to inflict a disaster on a Pennsylvania town because he doesn't like their biology curriculm.
Ken

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users