BBO Discussion Forums: Green House Eeeect. - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Green House Eeeect. It is serious business.

#1 User is offline   shubi 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2007-April-08, 12:17

Recently there are lot of talk about our ECO system. Many many people agreeded that something must be done, these concerned people are genuinly interested in preserving our ECO system from self destruction. Here is my solution to be consider, since carbonmonoxide is the biggest culprit i suggest some Chemist find a netrualizer to react with carbon monoxide and turn it to FRESH AIR or WATER within 6 to 12 months.
Next:
Automobile driving in busy highway in rush hour will be banned, instead all cities will adopt DROP and PICKUP of school bus system. Some might say it will be impossible for bus driver to provide that service, not at all upon getting into bus we will type in our postal code or swipe our buss pass. The computer will provide bus driver most effective and efficient way. There are many software in the market.

#2 User is offline   DrTodd13 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2007-April-08, 16:39

Shubi. First off, it is "ecosystem," not "ECHO system." Second, people believe "carbon dioxide" is the important greenhouse gas, not "carbon monoxide." Third, there are already general purpose carbon dioxide neutralizers. They are called trees. There are very expensive systems to capture carbon from spot sources like power plants. Fourth, people are never going to give up driving and their homes in the burbs until it becomes too expensive to drive. I doubt they will elect people that promise to do that either.

#3 User is offline   Al_U_Card 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2007-April-08, 18:38

My mother always told me not to mock the afflicted..... :(
The Grand Design, reflected in the face of Chaos...it's a fluke!

#4 User is offline   mr1303 

• Admirer of Walter the Walrus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Bridge, surfing, water skiing, cricket, golf. Generally being outside really.

Posted 2007-April-09, 05:46

I will never catch a train, or a bus, until it goes from exactly where I want it to, to exactly where I want it to, exactly when I want it to.

My car does all of the above.

#5 User is offline   hrothgar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Travel
    Cooking
    Brewing
    Hiking

Posted 2007-April-09, 05:55

mr1303, on Apr 9 2007, 02:46 PM, said:

I will never catch a train, or a bus, until it goes from exactly where I want it to, to exactly where I want it to, exactly when I want it to.

I have no objection if you don't want to talk a bus, so long as the gas for that car is costing you $6 a gallon.
Alderaan delenda est

#6 User is offline   helene_t 

• The Abbess

Posted 2007-April-09, 08:59

hrothgar, on Apr 9 2007, 01:55 PM, said:

mr1303, on Apr 9 2007, 02:46 PM, said:

I have no objection if you don't want to talk a bus, so long as the gas for that car is costing you $6 a gallon.

Richard (Hrothgar) is right. Whether $6 is the right price depends, of course, of ones view on how serious the issue is, and also (to a lesser extent) on the elasticity of demand for gasoline and other greenhouse-gas precursors. $6 per Gallon is slightly less than what we pay here in Europe, and it isn't enough to keep people out of their cars. Of course, CO2 emissions are much lower here than in the US, for a number of reasons.

Improved public transit (in particular new technology that adapts to the customers' needs instead of running by fixed schedules) may or may not be a good idea (it probably varies by region) but it's the wrong way of thinking that such developments should be promoted by governments in order to reduce CO2 emissions.

The reason why such a strategy won't work is this: Whether a particular technology is fit for a particular purpose varies very much with time and with the region. Central governments tend to create one-size-fits-all solutions, and they don't react fast enough to follow technological development. City councils, OTOH, may know what technology might work in their particular city, but they cannot be trusted to prioritize between CO2 reductions and other aims since CO2 reduction is a global issue.

So the way forward is this: Some central government(s) (like USA, EU, G8, UN or WTO) decide how many cents worth a reduction of CO2 emission by one kilogram is. That is then the tax everybody has to pay. This will stimulate consumers, industries and city councils to solve the problem because it means cash for them.
The world would be such a happy place, if only everyone played Acol :) --- TramTicket

#7 User is offline   mike777 

Posted 2007-April-09, 09:04

I thought London and other huge cities had gone to a pay where you go and time plan. If you are in the congested part of London during rush hour you pay more than having your car in the middle of nowhere.

#8 User is offline   Al_U_Card 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2007-April-09, 09:05

The day that every house/building has a solar power generating grid on the roof that plugs into your batteries and into the power grid so that you get credit for kW hours returned, then we can have electric cars and cleaner air......
The Grand Design, reflected in the face of Chaos...it's a fluke!

#9 User is offline   hrothgar 

• Interests:Travel
    Cooking
    Brewing
    Hiking

Posted 2007-April-09, 10:01

mike777, on Apr 9 2007, 06:04 PM, said:

I thought London and other huge cities had gone to a pay where you go and time plan. If you are in the congested part of London during rush hour you pay more than having your car in the middle of nowhere.

True, but this has nothing to do with global warming

The tax scheme use in London is an attempt to minimize traffic congestion. It isn't intended to minimize CO2 emissions.
Alderaan delenda est

#10 User is offline   mike777 

Posted 2007-April-09, 13:21

Well if enough people do not drive, in rush hour and use alternative sources, that would seem to be a good start if only a by-product.

#11 User is offline   shubi 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2007-April-09, 14:37

I am agaist odd here i say carbon monoxide rest say carbondioxide whatever turn them to water or air, this 43 years plan i dont want to really talk about it, its nitemare

Driving in the rush hour ideling for 2 hours some body provides alternative drop and pickup i jump on it.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users