BBO Discussion Forums: 24 - BBO Discussion Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

#1 User is offline   mike777 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2007-January-22, 21:00

24 got off to a bang and had that huge twist tonight I did not see that coming. How about our favorite girl all glammed up this year in CTU

#2 User is offline   pclayton 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2007-January-22, 21:26

mike777, on Jan 22 2007, 07:00 PM, said:

24 got off to a bang and had that huge twist tonight I did not see that coming. How about our favorite girl all glammed up this year in CTU

Chloe is great; too bad she's with the creepy english guy. Who I predict turns out to be a mole for the terrorists.

Why oh why did they have to kill Curtis? Almost as sad as when Edgar got gassed last year.
"Phil" on BBO

#3 User is offline   mike777 

Posted 2007-January-23, 00:55

Hope Chloe is not taking money from the bad guys for botox treatments and new clothes.

#4 User is offline   helene_t 

• The Abbess

Posted 2007-January-23, 02:20

What's going in in this thread? Are you reciting American Psycho? Or is it about popular music?
The world would be such a happy place, if only everyone played Acol :) --- TramTicket

#5 User is offline   Al_U_Card 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2007-January-23, 07:28

mike777, on Jan 22 2007, 10:00 PM, said:

What twist? I missed the episode... :P
The Grand Design, reflected in the face of Chaos...it's a fluke!

#6 User is offline   Al_U_Card 

Posted 2007-January-23, 07:29

mike777, on Jan 22 2007, 10:00 PM, said:

24 got off to a bang and had that huge twist tonight I did not see that coming.

What twist??? :o I missed the episode :P

#7 User is offline   mike777 

Posted 2007-January-23, 07:44

Jack's brother seems to be one of the top if not the head bad guy. Jack does not know this yet but thinks something is up and is trying to find out where his dad is by chocking this brother with a plastic bag. Also it seems Jack was involved with his brother's wife before she married the brother and she has a son. There were vague, murky hints about who the dad of the son is. In fact the whole theme is a bit murky. :P

Chloe seemed less tarted up this episode which was good but they need to give her more screen time. The new President seems to be a bit of a wet noodle and I love that the guy from Battlestar Gat...is on 24 this season.

BTW nuking Valencia had to be a mistake who would want to nuke that of all LA places :o

#8 User is offline   pclayton 

Posted 2007-January-23, 11:31

Valencia LOL. Home of Magic Mountain and acres of tract homes. Magic Mountain, a Six Flags amusement park has a roller coaster ride called Supreme Scream, aptly named as you are watching the mushroom cloud go off in your face.

Graham Bauer. Interesting little twist for last years villain. Who would have known the dweeb with the Bluetooth headset would be Jack's brother. Nominee for the People's Choice award of 'nudnik I would like to pummel the daylights out of' category.

I see Jacks Dad is the same actor that was the pig farmer in the movie Babe.

Interesting to see if Grahams wife turns out to be this season's love interest for our favorite CTU agent.
"Phil" on BBO

#9 User is offline   fred 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2007-January-23, 11:45

pclayton, on Jan 23 2007, 05:31 PM, said:

Valencia LOL. Home of Magic Mountain and acres of tract homes. Magic Mountain, a Six Flags amusement park has a roller coaster ride called Supreme Scream, aptly named as you are watching the mushroom cloud go off in your face.

Graham Bauer. Interesting little twist for last years villain. Who would have known the dweeb with the Bluetooth headset would be Jack's brother. Nominee for the People's Choice award of 'nudnik I would like to pummel the daylights out of' category.

Interesting to see if Grahams wife turns out to be this season's love interest for our favorite CTU agent.

Is Jack's shadowy father Abu's shadowy partner?

Fred Gitelman
Bridge Base Inc.
www.bridgebase.com

#10 User is offline   mike777 

Posted 2007-January-23, 15:06

All we know now is that Jack's missing father may be a lead to a missing Russian General who may be a lead to a missing bad guy who has the 4 missing suitcase nukes.

Follow that? ;)

#11 User is offline   Al_U_Card 

Posted 2007-January-23, 17:43

So with Jack as forth, they'll have a game, right? ;)

#12 User is offline   mike777 

Posted 2007-January-23, 18:10

"I see Jacks Dad is the same actor that was the pig farmer in the movie Babe."

Also more importantly the same guy who invented the "Warp Drive" ;)

#13 User is offline   pclayton 

Posted 2007-January-23, 18:59

fred, on Jan 23 2007, 09:45 AM, said:

Fred Gitelman
Bridge Base Inc.
www.bridgebase.com

Hmmmm many layers to this onion Fred.

After watching this for 5 seasons, the script is becoming a little predictable:

1. There is a mole in CTU and/or the white house
2. Jack has a girlfriend that gets killed or mortally wounded at some point
3. The villains in the initial episodes are always mid-level managers for the terrorists.

Rant: Remember Episode 1 that developed really slowly? All of those boring scenes with Jack's wife and daughter (Elisha Cuthbert...mmmm) being held in the farmhouse? It served to build up the suspense for the subsequent episodes, and didn't rely on non-stop action to keep us hooked.

It seems this season is starting off a little slower than last year's (seriously), and I hope that it continues on this pace. I don't need to see the bad guy get killed every week, only to discover another bad guy up the food chain (rinse and repeat).
"Phil" on BBO

#14 User is offline   inquiry 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Bridge, what else?

Posted 2007-January-23, 20:48

mike777, on Jan 23 2007, 07:10 PM, said:

"I see Jacks Dad is the same actor that was the pig farmer in the movie Babe."

Also more importantly the same guy who invented the "Warp Drive" :P

I assume you mean Zefrin Cockran (spelling is not my strong point, this is a guess).....

As an aside, i took teh death of Curtis a lot easier than the death of Edgar... Edgar was the man!
--Ben--

#15 User is offline   hrothgar 

• Interests:Travel
    Cooking
    Brewing
    Hiking

Posted 2007-February-13, 11:12

I've never been much of a fan of 24... I always found the plots far too convoluted. (I really believe that simplicity is a virtue)

The following article was published on Salon yesterday. It raised some interesting points:

Members of the Bush administration can't seem to decide whether debate about the Iraq war in Congress hurts the troops and helps the enemy -- the White House seems to disagree with the military on the matter, and Robert Gates seems to disagree with himself -- but we can all agree on this: That TV show "24" is the real problem.

We've never seen it ourselves, mind you. But the military is apparently having a tough time convincing soldiers that the scenes in the show aren't some kind of lesson plan for how to treat detainees. According to a report from the New Yorker's Jane Mayer, the dean of the U.S. Military Academy at West Point and several top military and FBI investigators met with some of the creative minds behind "24" in November to complain that the show's central premise -- "that the letter of American law must be sacrificed for the country's security" -- was hurting America's image in the world and encouraging real-life U.S. soldiers to think that torture is acceptable.

Gary Solis, who has taught a course on the law of war at West Point, tells Mayer that he once struggled to persuade his students that there was anything inappropriate about a scene in "24" in which Jack Bauer shoots one suspect and threatens to shoot another in order to extract information from them. "I tried to impress on them that this technique would open the wrong doors," Solis tells Mayer, "but it was like trying to stomp out an anthill."

One of the interrogators who participated in the "24" meeting was Tony Lagouranis, who served in the Army in Iraq. Mayer says he told the "24" crew that videos of the show circulate among the troops and that they sometimes take their lessons from it. "People watch the shows," Lagouranis says, "and then walk into the interrogation booths and do the same things they've just seen."

The originaly New Yorker article can be read in its entirety at
http://www.newyorker.com/fact/content/arti...19fa_fact_mayer
Alderaan delenda est

#16 User is offline   inquiry 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Bridge, what else?

Posted 2007-February-13, 11:47

I heard this on the radio this morning. Perhaps we should TRAIN people who interogate subjects the right and wrong way to do it. Using 24 as a role model? Give me a break it is TV show for goodness sake.
--Ben--

#17 User is offline   pclayton 

Posted 2007-February-13, 12:56

fred, on Jan 23 2007, 09:45 AM, said:

Fred Gitelman
Bridge Base Inc.
www.bridgebase.com

This is turning out to be a good prediction....
"Phil" on BBO

#18 User is offline   pclayton 

Posted 2007-February-13, 13:00

but we can all agree on this: That TV show "24" is the real problem.

We've never seen it ourselves, mind you.

I don't think Salon will get a prize for investigative journalism here. <_<
"Phil" on BBO

#19 User is offline   fred 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2007-February-13, 13:43

I have been a dedicated 24 fan for years, but I have to admit that I am getting tired of the show.

The bad guy probably averages 10 escapes per 24-hour season - it is almost comical.

CTU's swat teams probably have something like a 0 and 50 lifetime record for successful sting operations.

Fred Gitelman
Bridge Base Inc.
www.bridgebase.com

#20 User is offline   jtfanclub 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2007-February-13, 16:42

Real-life Jack gets over years in prison....

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070213/ap_on_...hOiWGAVpHxH2ocA

The Afghan who died, btw, never admitted to any wrongdoing.

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users