Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Dummy

#1 User is offline   alexia_eg_ 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2003-March-27, 05:46

Dummy sees all four hands. I find that strange, and stranger still that I, as an opponent, have no way of closing my hand. I don't think dummy should  be able to see  partner's hand let alone all four.

Thank you. ;D

#2 User is offline   inquiry 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Bridge, what else?

Posted 2003-March-27, 06:02

Hi Alexia,

I can't solve all your concerns, but here is a hint. If while you are dummy, if you want don't want to see all the hands you can change your preferences. Click on your own name, and a dialog box opens up. On the bottom right hand side, there is a box entitled "kibitizing". These in general allow you to kibitiz only one hand during play (seeing it and the dummy), if that is what you want. but one box is "kibitiz"partner when dummy. If you choose that, your opponents hands will be hidden from you when you are dummy.

I know this doesn't address your concerns, but there you go. That is what the software allows.
--Ben--

#3 User is offline   Codo 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:games and sports, esp. bridge,chess and (beach-)volleyball

Posted 2003-March-27, 10:28

Hi alexia,

and by the way, what is lost, if the dummy is allow to see all hands?

1. Are you afraid, that he uses telephone/icq to inform declarer? Or giving hints in some other way?

To win a game without ANY real wins?  There will be such guys anywhere, in any game I guess. Let them, just lost souls trying to bright their useless life.

2. Get to know your way of defending?

SO? This is not unproper, you are allow to remember how defenders signal.

3. Using his knowledge to blame someone with less knoledge about the "concealed" hands for an error?

I saw this happen, but again, these guys are always in many kind of sports and/or competition. And: they will do so anyway, latestly after the hand is open and the score is there.

So, what are your concerns?

Kind Regards

Roland
Kind Regards

Roland

Sanity Check: Failure (Fluffy)
More system is not the answer...

#4 User is offline   alexia_eg_ 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2003-March-28, 00:21

Thank you Roland,

Yes I am concerned about private messages, not because they tell each other what everyone has but because of the delay in play. Alas some of us do not have the luxury of cable or fast  lines. I am on a telephone line and charged every three minutes.  The other concerns that you mention were not something I was worrying about.

Thank you. :)

#5 User is offline   Rhutobello 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2003-March-28, 09:49

I understand you.

But I think Roland has a point, as long as the software alow players to see all hands.

Now, I don't think it is a common problem (many who use irq and so on) So if you are thinking on the possibillity all the time, you will destroy your own plesure of the game.

I recommend that you try to forget it, and rather make a polite withdraw from tables where players make impossible wins, and make your own remark on their profile:)

But, as Roland, I think most of the player are just like you and me, love the game for the games sake:)
Edvin say "a smile a day keep the doctor away"

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users