• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Bravo Lara! Who is the greatest?

#1 User is offline   zasanya 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Interests:Chess,Scrabble,Bridge

Posted 2006-November-22, 08:27

Always rooted for Sachin in any "Who-is-the-greatest-next-to-Bradman" kind of arguments but after watching Lara yesterday ....WOW LARA IS THE GREATEST.
Aniruddha
Do unto others as you would have others do unto you.
"Mediocrity knows nothing higher than itself, but talent instantly recognizes genius".

#2 User is offline   the saint 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Cycling
    Running
    Sport Science
    Babysitting the 'kiddies'
    Decks and CHOOOONS!

Posted 2006-November-22, 11:46

The boy has a claim. His sheer appetite for staying at the crease and batting, and batting, and batting, and batting...

And he is capable of playing slow or fast on an type of track. One of the greats.
He's justified and he's ancient, and he drives an ice cream van.

#3 User is offline   akhare 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2006-November-22, 12:56

I don't think that I have ever seen anyone treating spinners with such utter disdain.

Kaneria was way out of his league, but even Murali has complimented him. Hopefully someone will post a clip of the recent mauling (28 runs)? It's too bad that we likely won't see too much of him after the 2007 WC (he's 37 right now)...
foobar on BBO

#4 User is offline   keylime 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: FD TEAM
  • Interests:Motorsports, cricket, disc golf, and of course - bridge. :-)

Posted 2006-November-22, 13:23

I remember watching casually in 2004 part of his stellar 400 not out against England - just the buzz alone was incredible.

This double century was from the footage I've seen, quite high quality from Brian. Well done.
"Champions aren't made in gyms, champions are made from something they have deep inside them - a desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have last-minute stamina, they have to be a little faster, they have to have the skill and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill. " - M. Ali

#5 User is offline   the saint 

• PipPipPipPip
    Running
    Sport Science
    Decks and CHOOOONS!

Posted 2006-November-22, 16:05

keylime, on Nov 22 2006, 07:23 PM, said:

I remember watching casually in 2004 part of his stellar 400 not out against England - just the buzz alone was incredible.

This double century was from the footage I've seen, quite high quality from Brian. Well done.

He was completely selfish in that match and threw away any chance the Windies had of beating us just for his own personal glory. He should have declared earlier. The Aussies put the team first. When Hayden got his 380 against Zimbabwe, he was told he had until a certain time to get it or the team would declare no matter what. He had to give it some tonk to get there, but he knew that Ponting would declare and leave him high and dry if necessary.

#6 User is offline   jikl 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2006-November-22, 17:10

Same when he scored his 500 or 501, can't remember which. That was all personal glory too.

On a different note, heard about the 2 Indian schoolboys that scored a 721 partnership off 40 overs? They broke Sachin Tendulkar's old record.

Sean

#7 User is offline   the saint 

• PipPipPipPip
    Running
    Sport Science
    Decks and CHOOOONS!

Posted 2006-November-22, 17:19

jikl, on Nov 22 2006, 11:10 PM, said:

Same when he scored his 500 or 501, can't remember which. That was all personal glory too.

On a different note, heard about the 2 Indian schoolboys that scored a 721 partnership off 40 overs? They broke Sachin Tendulkar's old record.

Sean

Yup, I did. Sachin had set that record with Vinod Kambli who also played for India - and got a double ton against us... (surprise, surprise!)

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users