Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

4.9.8 bugs

#1 User is offline   pigpenz 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2006-November-11, 14:11

noticed in the new version if you click on my hands from the toolbar when you click on table results then hit back it kicks you out of my hands....you have to re enter nickname and start over.

in the new view it opens my hands as part of bbo browser not in a web browser

#2 User is offline   fred 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2006-November-11, 14:18

Thanks but not really a bug. We have to include links for "back" in the web page if we are going to use the embedded browser for this. The web pages can be changed at any time - a new version is not required.

Fred Gitelman
Bridge Base Inc.
www.bridgebase.com

#3 User is offline   pigpenz 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2006-November-11, 14:26

yes i always use the web link if the browser, just noticed that it was imbedded in the bbo browser so was looking at some results from the non kib acbl games and when i tried to go to the next board it took me out of the my hands imbedded browser of bbo.

#4 User is offline   inquiry 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Bridge, what else?

Posted 2006-November-11, 19:52

After all the complaints, i will say that I like the color scheme in the latest release... well with two exceptions.. the table green is not good, but if you switcht felt it is fine. Second, after team games are competed they are the same color in the list as games in play. I would like them to be different colors.
--Ben--

#5 User is offline   djehuti 

• PipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2006-November-13, 17:39

when an auction is big, and the arrows to scrool it apear (during the auction not after), and there is a bid that was alerted , the gray shadow over the alerted bid went over to the players name, covering them. i'll try to take a shot next time cause this is hard to explain.
Nuno Dâmaso

#6 User is offline   Elianna 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2006-November-13, 19:09

Don't know if this is a bug or not, but if you have a yellow tagged as a friend, they now appear purple (the friend color), not as a yellow. Previously they were yellow. They're still in the group of yellows.

This is rather ugly to look at (because the color groups are no longer together), so I suggest either keeping yellows always marked as yellows, or else if they're marked as friends moving them to the top of the purple list instead of in the middle of the yellow list.

eta: when you scroll over them, the top of their profile is yellow, and at a table, their name is yellow.
My addiction to Mario Bros #3 has come back!

#7 User is offline   julie5607 

• PipPipPip

Posted 2006-November-14, 13:53

I don't know if this is a bug or not but I am having a very difficult time adjusting the speed of animated cards, and the system doesn't seem to be remembering my preferences. This is not a setting I fiddle with often, but the last three times I have logged on the card animation was set extremely slow. Moving the slider over incrementally didn't seem to make much difference, until I set it all the way to the fastest - then the cards flew. However, just a tiny increment back towards the slow side slowed the cards down tremendously again, and as I said I have had to reset it after logging out and in again.

I am using a brand new computer with 2 gigs of ram and an Intel Core 2 Duo processor so I don't think it's a problem on my end, at least not with system resources. I am working in the smallest view possible, with Windows cards.

Julie

#8 User is offline   fred 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2006-November-14, 14:08

Elianna, on Nov 14 2006, 01:09 AM, said:

Don't know if this is a bug or not, but if you have a yellow tagged as a friend, they now appear purple (the friend color), not as a yellow. Previously they were yellow. They're still in the group of yellows.

This is rather ugly to look at (because the color groups are no longer together), so I suggest either keeping yellows always marked as yellows, or else if they're marked as friends moving them to the top of the purple list instead of in the middle of the yellow list.

eta: when you scroll over them, the top of their profile is yellow, and at a table, their name is yellow.

Friends now take priority over yellows in terms of color scheme, but had not really thought about the aesthetic issues. Agree that changing the way the list is sorted might be better, but this is not really a good time to make a change like this.

Fred Gitelman
Bridge Base Inc.
www.bridgebase.com

#9 User is offline   fred 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2006-November-14, 14:13

julie5607, on Nov 14 2006, 07:53 PM, said:

I don't know if this is a bug or not but I am having a very difficult time adjusting the speed of animated cards, and the system doesn't seem to be remembering my preferences. This is not a setting I fiddle with often, but the last three times I have logged on the card animation was set extremely slow. Moving the slider over incrementally didn't seem to make much difference, until I set it all the way to the fastest - then the cards flew. However, just a tiny increment back towards the slow side slowed the cards down tremendously again, and as I said I have had to reset it after logging out and in again.

I am using a brand new computer with 2 gigs of ram and an Intel Core 2 Duo processor so I don't think it's a problem on my end, at least not with system resources. I am working in the smallest view possible, with Windows cards.

Julie

The problems you describe with respect to setting the animation speed are well known (and the faster your computer the more extreme the effect). Sorry - this is not something that is easy for me to fix.

The problem you describe with respect to the animation speed not being saved properly is something new. If you could do some experiments I would appreciate it:

1. Log in to BBO, set your animation speed to whatever setting you want, exit BBO with the X in the top right corner, then log in again and check the animation speed setting. Was your setting remembered.

2. Do whatever it is you normally do on BBO (play, chat, whatever) and check your animation speed every 15 minutes or so. Does it change by itself?

Also please confirm that you are using version 4.9.8.

Thanks,

Fred Gitelman
Bridge Base Inc.
www.bridgebase.com

#10 User is offline   julie5607 

• PipPipPip

Posted 2006-November-14, 15:36

Fred,

OK, I did some testing. First of all I am definitely using the latest version. Secondly the setting doesn't change on the slider bar, it is just the effect that changes. I tested this on two computers, my old and my new one, and it seems that I only have the problem when I restart the computer. Logging in and out of BBO has no effect, moving tables, kibbing, playing, changing id's, etc, doesn't change the setting. But when I restart my computer, even tho the slider bar is where it has always been, the animation is distractingly slow, and I have to futz to get it to the point I prefer.

Hope this helps,

Julie

#11 User is offline   fred 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2006-November-14, 16:49

julie5607, on Nov 14 2006, 09:36 PM, said:

Fred,

OK, I did some testing. First of all I am definitely using the latest version. Secondly the setting doesn't change on the slider bar, it is just the effect that changes. I tested this on two computers, my old and my new one, and it seems that I only have the problem when I restart the computer. Logging in and out of BBO has no effect, moving tables, kibbing, playing, changing id's, etc, doesn't change the setting. But when I restart my computer, even tho the slider bar is where it has always been, the animation is distractingly slow, and I have to futz to get it to the point I prefer.

Hope this helps,

Julie

Thanks for your fast response, Julie. Unfortunately this is not something I can easily fix - don't expect any improvements in the near term. Sorry.

Fred Gitelman
Bridge Base Inc.
www.bridgebase.com

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users