• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What is ACOL?

#41 User is offline   Rhutobello 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2003-April-13, 09:55

(/quote)
Rhutobello, if you read the question  raised when I started the topic you will see that the people referred to made no attempt to answer it, and self-proclaimedly are not interested in it.    The question was not too broad, but specific.    What do you mean by "asked the wrong question"?    Should I have asked a question that required discussion of scientifically-designed systems, etc?    If you are a lower-level player perhaps you'd do better to use simpler systems for the time being;  but it's your life.
[/quote]

Well I am in dager to repeat other in the same thread, but hopefully this can not be said to often so here I go:):

A) A community is a living and pulsing thing. There are many opinions, and even if they are diffrent, they don't need to be wrong, in other word, we are not into science.

B)In my opinion, when you start a thread with a question on a community board, this question and the answers become  public ownership, and must be threted like that.
If you want spesefic answer to spesefic question then you must narrow it down to ask questions that have no opinions,but just facts, like how many card are there in one deck:) (then you get asking is it normal or tarot you thinking about?) or you must use email to people that you think can give you a concret answer to your question.

When you start a thread, think about it as a tiny little tree. Often it will not grow, because the question is not of public interest, or to narrow. But if it grow, be proud, and look at all the information it held, use your ego to say, look how popular this thread have become:)

As for complaining, I must say that is a negativa act that not just damage you, but the whole community.
Think about it, you share your thoughts with fellow community folks, trying to do the best you can, and then you get pepper for it, I think you will be more restrective to whom you respond to next time.

So I hope such complain is the last we see, and that our advance and world class posters keep up the good work, I like it! (but who care about me (JK):)
Edvin say "a smile a day keep the doctor away"

#42 User is offline   the hog 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:Wagner and Bridge

Posted 2003-April-13, 17:39

With due respect oldfogey, you brought it upon yourself in your first thread with this comment:

"I would think that true expert (as distinct from some self-proclaimed experts) and world-standard players are guided more by logical reasoning and knowledge of their partner's bidding style, rather than by ANY rigid system.     Presumably an exception would be the Italian Blue Team with their very precise Blue Club.

oldfogey "
"The King of Hearts a broadsword bears, the Queen of Hearts a rose." W. H. Auden.

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users