Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Reisinger -Offline Vugraph

#1 User is offline   DenisO 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2003-December-04, 01:17

I missed the BBO live VuGraph of the Reisinger Final and can't find the offline VG anywhere. The possibility of a VG archive on BBO has been raised before but Fred didn't hold out much hope. He suggested that Yvan Calame's site would hold major events - which it has for some recent events but not the Reisinger. It seems a great pity that no real effort is being made to keep these wonderful records in view of all the hard work that goes into making them. At the moment it appears to me that if you miss a VG then you can only appeal to other BBO users in the hope that someone has stored the VG on their hard disk - not very satisfactory! Would it not be possible for BBO and the Event Organiser eg ACBL for ACBL events to agree to store the offline VG on the Official site?

Denis

#2 User is offline   Erkson 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2003-December-04, 02:27

I missed the BBO live VuGraph of the Reisinger Final and can't find the offline VG anywhere. The possibility of a VG archive on BBO has been raised before but Fred didn't hold out much hope. He suggested that Yvan Calame's site would hold major events - which it has for some recent events but not the Reisinger. It seems a great pity that no real effort is being made to keep these wonderful records in view of all the hard work that goes into making them. At the moment it appears to me that if you miss a VG then you can only appeal to other BBO users in the hope that someone has stored the VG on their hard disk - not very satisfactory! Would it not be possible for BBO and the Event Organiser eg ACBL for ACBL events to agree to store the offline VG on the Official site?

Denis

Hi, Denis.

I too missed the Reisinger Final, and I ask the same thing.

BTW, I watched the beginning of the match, and I was very less interested than in the Bermuda Bowl, because we can't follow a team and we can't get immediate comparaison. After 10 minutes I got bored and abandonned, with the hope to find the files somewhere and watch them offline ;)

#3 User is offline   uday 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2003-December-04, 07:38

We'll come up - eventually - with a way to archive the vugraphs as they are generated by the server. If anyone has copies of the Vugraph files on their hard drives, let me know and I'll add them to the "Bridge Library". Come to think of it, maybe I have them myself - I'll go look.

#4 User is offline   DenisO 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2003-December-04, 09:42

We'll come up - eventually - with a way to archive the vugraphs as they are generated by the server. If anyone has copies of the Vugraph files on their hard drives, let me know and I'll add them to the "Bridge Library". Come to think of it, maybe I have them myself - I'll go look.

Thanks Uday - I wish you every success in getting the archive to work and hope for sooner rather than later. If you (or anyone else) finds the Reisinger Vugraphs on their hard disk, I'd be grateful if they'd send me the lin files.

Denis

#5 User is offline   Erkson 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2003-December-05, 11:05

Hey there, BBO users and Reisinger Cup watchers ! :)

The 1500...2500, maybe 3000, you watched the Reisinger Finals, the files we are looking for have been automatically saved on your hard disk !

Did you all delete them ?

Statistics say that there are more computer users who can read a directory than users who can delete a file, so there is hope.

Erkson

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users