BBO Discussion Forums: Will U.S.-Israel Succeed - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Will U.S.-Israel Succeed (Where Peter O'Toole failed?)

#1 User is offline   Winstonm 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:Art, music

Posted 2006-July-28, 20:52

Resentment against Israel for their response to Hezbollah seems to be growing - the Saudis now are talking about war with Israel and Shiite/Sunnis are chanting for union against Israel. Bush still strongly sides with Israel.

Are we polarizing the middle east? Will the U.S and Israel accidentally succeed in uniting this region by ensuring a common enemy so loathed that intra-religious differeces will be put aside? Will Israel be attacked?
"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere." Black Lives Matter. / "I need ammunition, not a ride." Zelensky

#2 User is offline   Walddk 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Cricket

Posted 2006-July-28, 22:18

No, Israel will not be attacked, other than by the rockets they are getting from Lebanon and Gaza at the moment, combined with the occasional suicide bombings.

There will be no attempt of invasion. The Arabs have learned their lessons after the War of Independence 1948, Six Day War 1967, and Yom Kippur War 1973. Saudi Arabia and Iran may support the Palestinians financially, but they will not get involved with military.

In the very unlikely event that this will happen and Israel will be in trouble (also unlikely), USA will interfere. The Americans will not allow the destruction of their only ally in the Middle East.

Roland
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice

#3 User is offline   luke warm 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Bridge, poker, politics

Posted 2006-July-29, 08:41

i disagree slightly with roland in that i think the usa will not get directly involved if an attack against israel is limited to mideast participants... not unless it looks like involvement is the only way to save them, and i don't think that's likely... and i do think there is an outside chance that nations such as egypt, jordan, saudia arabia (and maybe iraq, eventually) can come together and police the more violent of their populations

i was unaware the saudis were talking about war... that would be a huge mistake on their part, imo
"Paul Krugman is a stupid person's idea of what a smart person sounds like." Newt Gingrich (paraphrased)

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users