BBO Discussion Forums: Version 4.7.6 Available for Testing - BBO Discussion Forums

Jump to content

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Version 4.7.6 Available for Testing

#1 User is offline   fred 

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 4,615
  • Joined: 2003-February-11
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Las Vegas, USA

Posted 2006-June-05, 11:48

Lots of bug fixes and several minor new features in 4.7.6. Most likely we will not burden the general membership with an automatic update until we can think of some nice new "big" feature to add (and of course not until we are feeling confident that we have not introduced any new serious bugs).

I am going to the World Championships in Italy between June 9 and June 25 and I wanted to put out a beta a few days before I am scheduled to leave in the hope that people will try it and let me know if any of the changes I have made in the past couple of weeks have resulted in new bugs. So I would appreciate it if you would give 4.7.6 a try and report any problems you find to me (ideally by e-mail - fred@bridgebase.com).

I have added a flag for Albania (sorry to our Albanian members that this took so long) and for Montenegro (congrats to Montenegrans on having their own country!) while removing the "& Montegnegro" from "Serbia & Montenegro" (but people will still see the old name here unless the person whose profile they are looking at has 4.7.6).

The login screen has been redesigned in the hope that new members will find it more obvious that they have to sign up for an ID before they can log in. Also, when a new ID is created, the default for "remember password" is now set to "yes" (lots of new members create an ID and then forget what user ID and/or password they selected).

When you play in an MBT your result on the last board is now displayed (especially useful when your GIB partner is the declarer and the last few tricks go by too quickly for you to know what the result was).

The screen that lists the MB rooms now contains a column for "open tables". This should make it easier for people to find games.

When you hold your mouse over the ID of a person who is watching a vugraph broadcast, you are now told which broadcast the person in question is watching.

It should now be easier for people to use the Movie window to create 1-deal files in which they can specify the dealer and vulnerability. Click on the vulnerability graphic in order to change it. Click on the first line of the auction to set the dealer. You will see the board number changes when you do this and, when you save your file and later open it, the deal will appear with the same dealer/vul combination that you specified.

The Movie window can now properly open files in which the first board number is something other than 1.

The Movie window is now smarter about knowing which deal to display when you click the MOVIE button (for example, if you are in a team match it will show you the most recent board to have finished instead of displaying the first board of the match).

You can now use GIB's double dummy solver in the Double Dummy area.

This version is the start of the process of increasing the number of possible vugraph tables beyond the current limit of 8. Unfortunately it will take several months before this process will be complete (sorry Roland, but we could not think of a more efficient way of making this change).

Some bug fixes related to the way Japanese characters are displayed and the chat-logging facility should now work properly for our Japanese members.

Probably some other minor changes that I cannot think of at this moment. If I remember any of these that I think people might care about I will make a separate post.

Sorry in advance if I have introduced some new bugs. If I learn about any new problems (or old problems that I can fix) before I leave for Verona on Friday I will release another beta for I go.

You can upgrade to 4.7.6 at:

Click here to update!

or download everything (including all the latest files) at:

Click here for everything!

I suggest you use the first method, but however you do this, please make sure you exit the BBO program COMPLETELY before you start the download process.

Fred Gitelman
Bridge Base Inc.
www.bridgebase.com
0

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users