• Group: Yellows
  • Interests:Juggling, Unicycling

Posted 2006-May-18, 05:18

I have four fonts called

CardArial
CardCourier
CardFootlight
CardTimes

They are true type fonts. The information with them says "MS Core font ... All rights reserved with card symbols added"

I do not know the origin of these fonts nor can i find them in a web search.

If someone can assure me that these are fit for general consumption I can put them somewhere for others to use.

I have forgotten where they came from someone sent them to me with some system notes.
Wayne Burrows

I believe that the USA currently hold only the World Championship For People Who Still Bid Like Your Auntie Gladys - dburn
dunno how to play 4 card majors - JLOGIC
True but I know Standard American and what better reason could I have for playing Precision? - Hideous Hog
Bidding is an estimation of probabilities SJ Simon

#22 User is offline   Sigi_BC84 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2006-May-18, 08:01

Redstart, on May 18 2006, 11:04 AM, said:

Thanks to all for your input. I have downloaded the Cards font, wich looks good on screen though I have yet to print it out.

It's always worthwhile to make a test printout with all the different fonts in question on one sheet. Many fonts look different on paper than on screen (mostly they look better on paper because the special symbol tend not to be optimized for screen display in most fonts).

I have trawled through Arial, but can't find the magic combination to bring up the suit symbols. Perhaps that sort of thing is easier on the Mac.

The Unicode points for suit symbols start with 2600 for . Open Character Map, enable "Advanded View" and enter that value into the appropriate field. The view then jumps to the symbol and you don't have to browse the map.

For four-colour cards, and plenty else, try the Chess and Bridge Shop http://www.chess.co.uk/shop

I was there but couldn't find the item I'm looking for in their shop. All I found were the usual playing cards. But I've found out by now that they are called "No Revoke" Spectrum cards and are indeed manufactured by Carta Mundi, so they should be available in Germany somehow. I'm gonna keep looking.

--Sigi

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users