E
S QT7542
H
D KDJ965
C 7

Bidding
P 1C P 1H X 2C P 4H 5D P 5H X P P P

Please comment

1# was 5D a good bid? ::) ( thought it showed desire to play in 5 level in D OR spades ( given that the X was neg for D and S )

2# over 5HX SHOULD I bid 5S?? >:(

#2 User is offline   Free 

• mmm Duvel
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:Duvel, Whisky

Posted 2003-November-07, 08:35

I'm sorry, but this is so unreadable that I won't try to figure out your questions. plz put the 4 hands N, E, S, W like you see them at the table, and biddings of the same player under each other...

Free
"It may be rude to leave to go to the bathroom, but it's downright stupid to sit there and piss yourself" - blackshoe

#3 User is offline   inquiry 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Bridge, what else?

Posted 2003-November-07, 09:20

DLR E VUL E/W

North
S J98
H AKJT853
D T2
C 8
*** YOU ***
S QT7542
H
D KDJ965
C 7

South
S K
H Q2
D A74
C AKT6532

Bidding
You
P (1C) P (1H)
X (2C) P (4H)
5D 5H X (P)
P P

I think there was an extra pass in original post

Is 5D a good bid? The auction should never go this way. First with 6-6 you should start the bidding with 1S, but I know that isn't everyone choice.

Second, after P - (1C*) - P - (1H), you should blast away with some 2 suited overcall. Any number of Notrump (if your partner will allow it as any two suiter) or a cue-bid 2H will do. Don't double with this hand. My choice would be 2H, or 3NT perhaps (protected twice...once, you passed, and second they are in game force auction). I will pull 4C to 4D to show Diamonds and spades.

Third, is 5D a good bid here? Heavens no. Maybe you belong in 4S. How are you to get there if you bid 5D? You are asking a lot for your partner to pull 5H into his 3 card spade suit. For all he knows you are void in hearts with 4S 6D and 3C. He has no idea you are this distributional after your dbl, much less holding 6 spades.

Finally, should you pull 5Hx? You gummed up the bidding already, so there is no way to know what is right. Maybe your partner has spade-A and due to your heart void, two sure Heart tricks. Whatever you do now is a guess without adequate input from your partner because you have mis-described your hand so much all ready during the auction.

Ben
--Ben--

#4 User is offline   bearmum 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2003-November-07, 16:52

thank you - I am soory I didn't put in hands in correct format BUT don't know HOW to do it ???

#5 User is offline   luke warm 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:Bridge, poker, politics

Posted 2003-November-07, 17:44

after the ops bid 2 suits, i play a nt call shows other 2, and the number of nt is the level i want to play at... i'm not fond of doubling here then bidding... 3nt (ben's bid) seems a nice bid since it keeps spades in the mix
"Paul Krugman is a stupid person's idea of what a smart person sounds like." Newt Gingrich (paraphrased)

#6 User is offline   bearmum 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2003-November-08, 05:03

Thank you for your input - I REALLY made a mess of ti - MAYBE NEXT time I get a hand like that (maybe in2013? :() I will know what to do :-[

after the ops bid 2 suits, i play a nt call shows other 2, and the number of nt is the level i want to play at... i'm not fond of doubling here then bidding... 3nt (ben's bid) seems a nice bid since it keeps spades in the mix

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users