BBO Discussion Forums: What's your music mood today ? - BBO Discussion Forums

• 22 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What's your music mood today ? Fill in daily according to your mood !

#241 User is offline   hrothgar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:Travel
    Cooking
    Brewing
    Hiking

Posted 2016-November-23, 17:15

https://www.youtube....h?v=SRXmuvLU8LQ
Alderaan delenda est

#242 User is offline   jonottawa 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-November-24, 11:19

"Maybe we should all get together and buy Kaitlyn a box set of "All in the Family" for Chanukah. Archie didn't think he was a racist, the problem was with all the chinks, dagos, niggers, kikes, etc. ruining the country." ~ barmar

#243 User is offline   mikeh 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Bridge, golf, wine (red), cooking, reading eclectically but insatiably, travelling, making bad posts.

Posted 2016-November-24, 11:27

View Postmike777, on 2016-November-22, 00:39, said:

Sigh....

I saw the dylan concert. It was terrible.

Granted I had low expectations regarding his being a showman/whatever

Dylan was in full ARTIST MODE.

I did not expect him to be a truly great singer but I could understand about one out of ten words. I did not expect him to play the crooner....about 20-25% of his 19 songs were Frank S. I felt I was at an expensive 100$ a ticket lounge act. I saw at least 15-20 people walk out of the full house of around 4-6k. Dylan said not a word to the concert.

the best i can say is he was better than my worst concert Sly and the Family back in the 70's. Dylan did play for about 90 minutes nonstop and on time.

-----

The good news is I did enjoy a 180 minute concert by a cover band called the fab four of the beatles...it was fun.

----

next up is a play called A gentlemans guide to murder coming to my local town...I cant wait.

I could have predicted the Dylan situation. We went to see him a few years back, paying big bucks for seats on the floor of the arena. He never once faced the audience, never once spoke to the audience, and played arrangements to his songs utterly unlike the recorded versions, while 'singing' in a way that made virtually none of his lyrics understandable. Thus it was hard to even recognize many of the songs he did play.

I understand that, as an artist, regurgitating note by note songs one recorded months or years or decades ago must get stale. Fine. Don't play them.

However, it is fundamentally fraudulent to take lots of money from people who come to be entertained and then refuse to give them what you know that paid to get. We were far from the only ones who walked out.
'one of the great markers of the advance of human kindness is the howls you will hear from the Men of God' Johann Hari

#244 User is offline   jonottawa 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-November-26, 15:22

"Maybe we should all get together and buy Kaitlyn a box set of "All in the Family" for Chanukah. Archie didn't think he was a racist, the problem was with all the chinks, dagos, niggers, kikes, etc. ruining the country." ~ barmar

#245 User is offline   jonottawa 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-November-27, 12:26

#246 User is offline   Lovera 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I'm also on YOUTUBE with a channel of music songs .

Posted 2016-November-27, 17:05

The Rolling Stones are getting back to Blues releasing a new album on December 2 and for instance a track from this one:: https://www.youtube....be_gdata_player

#247 User is offline   jonottawa 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-November-28, 11:14

#248 User is offline   jonottawa 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-November-29, 13:22

#249 User is offline   jonottawa 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-November-30, 11:14

#250 User is offline   hrothgar 

Cooking
    Brewing
    Hiking

Posted 2016-November-30, 13:22

https://www.youtube....h?v=c59Y0G47mZY
Alderaan delenda est

#251 User is offline   mikeh 

• Interests:Bridge, golf, wine (red), cooking, reading eclectically but insatiably, travelling, making bad posts.

Posted 2016-November-30, 13:40

View Posthrothgar, on 2016-November-30, 13:22, said:

A good friend of mine insists that I play Werewolves of London really loud whenever he and his wife visit. My friend, who is a large man, sings and howls along, especially since he usually has a few glasses of wine before we get to the tunes.

While I love that early album, my favourites are the ones he made after he learned that he was terminally ill. He had a wry sense of humour.
'one of the great markers of the advance of human kindness is the howls you will hear from the Men of God' Johann Hari

#252 User is offline   Cyberyeti 

Posted 2016-November-30, 17:15

View Postmikeh, on 2016-November-30, 13:40, said:

A good friend of mine insists that I play Werewolves of London really loud whenever he and his wife visit. My friend, who is a large man, sings and howls along, especially since he usually has a few glasses of wine before we get to the tunes.

While I love that early album, my favourites are the ones he made after he learned that he was terminally ill. He had a wry sense of humour.

Roland the headless Thompson gunner or Lawyers guns & money for me.

#253 User is offline   jonottawa 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-December-01, 15:41

#254 User is offline   jonottawa 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-December-02, 16:22

#255 User is offline   jonottawa 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-December-03, 15:31

#256 User is offline   jonottawa 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-December-04, 12:33

#257 User is offline   jonottawa 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-December-05, 12:29

#258 User is offline   Phil 

• Interests:Mountain Biking

Posted 2016-December-05, 17:39

Jon I can honestly saw that the Venn diagrams of our musical taste barely intersect. :)

As I type this, Half Light by Arcade Fire is blasting through my headphones. Lyrics like that have a lot more meaning as I advance in my 50's.
Hi y'all!

Winner - BBO Challenge bracket #6 - February, 2017.

#259 User is offline   jonottawa 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-December-05, 18:23

In honor of Phil. (I didn't like your song, but it reminded me of this, which isn't half bad.)

#260 User is offline   hrothgar 

Cooking
    Brewing
    Hiking

Posted 2016-December-05, 19:01

https://youtu.be/aVVpZM8sFSg
Alderaan delenda est

• 22 Pages +
  • « First