But I am having my mailbox cluttered up with Advanced players applying for membership of the BEGINNER INTERMEDIATE Lounge.
Non of you could possibly WANT to COMPETE in a tournament for beginner intermediate level players - surely :
It makes me a tad annoyed having to waste my time with your application
BUT
it makes me angry on behalf of the members who want to join THEIR Club but who may because of the actions of these - yes, I will say it , - selfish people will probably miss out . Because my mail box has only a limited capacity at present their applications can be turned away - they could reapply but many will not. UNFAIR
[glow=red,2,300]
We are truly grateful to the Advanced +++ members who have been given Honorary membership so that they can come and mentor their 'brood' of learners.[/glow]
But I also know that there are a number of Advanced players with no such honorable intentions that have slipped in 'the backdoor' . I might be an Aged Void when it comes to bridge playing ability BUT not when it comes to knowing people !!
So if any of you who have sidled in are reading this I challenge you to do the decent thing and send to the members (you can email me hall@timaru.com ) an apology/resignation. If you promise never to enter a Beg/Int tournament and offer to come to the Lounge with a partner from time to time to play with the members so that they can practice against superior players then I will leave your membership in place.
There is a quantum leap in skill level between an Intermediate player and an Advanced player - we admire your abilities and we aspire to them . Here on BBO we have been given the opportunity that is denied us in ftf bridge to LEARN and improve RAPIDLY - never fear we'll front up to you when we're ready. ;D
so, PLEASE, give the beginners & intermediates a fair go.

Help
