Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Inappropriate language/comments

#1 User is offline   mcewan25 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2019-November-08, 10:53

Is there a process for reporting inappropriate language/comments made by another player?

#2 User is offline   pescetom 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2019-November-08, 11:28

"For problems with rude, abusive or unethical players, email abuse@bridgebase.com ".

I understand you can now also report them immediately within their profile in the latest app, although I haven't tried that.

#3 User is offline   thepossum 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2019-November-09, 00:50

View Postpescetom, on 2019-November-08, 11:28, said:

"For problems with rude, abusive or unethical players, email abuse@bridgebase.com ".

I understand you can now also report them immediately within their profile in the latest app, although I haven't tried that.

Do people have a chance/mechanism to defend themselves against unfair or baseless allegations

#4 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2019-November-10, 21:49

View Postthepossum, on 2019-November-09, 00:50, said:

Do people have a chance/mechanism to defend themselves against unfair or baseless allegations

You can mark a player as "Ignore" in their profile. They won't be able to chat to you, and if you or they use "Help me find a game" it won't put you at the same table.

#5 User is offline   helene_t 

• The Abbess
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2019-November-10, 21:59

View Postbarmar, on 2019-November-10, 21:49, said:

You can mark a player as "Ignore" in their profile. They won't be able to chat to you, and if you or they use "Help me find a game" it won't put you at the same table.

But the question was not how Possum can defend himself against someone calling him names. It was about how he can defend himself against BBO taking actions based on unreasonable accusations against himself.
The world would be such a happy place, if only everyone played Acol :) --- TramTicket

#6 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2019-November-10, 22:03

View Posthelene_t, on 2019-November-10, 21:59, said:

But the question was not how Possum can defend himself against someone calling him names. It was about how he can defend himself against BBO taking actions based on unreasonable accusations against himself.

Oops, I definitely misunderstood. I thought the "unfair allegations" was when partner calls them an "idjit" (or worse).

BBO has access to the chat log, so we can verify complaints before taking action against the alleged harasser.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users