Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Choices in bidding system w bot?

#1 User is offline   bplotkin 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2019-September-29, 14:00

If the original GIB computer program gave you a choice of multiple bidding systems, what are the reasons you can't choose bidding system at all playing with a robot partner on BBO?

It would GREATLY enhance the service if this were implemented.

#2 User is offline   johnu 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2019-September-30, 14:09

View Postbplotkin, on 2019-September-29, 14:00, said:

If the original GIB computer program gave you a choice of multiple bidding systems, what are the reasons you can't choose bidding system at all playing with a robot partner on BBO?

It would GREATLY enhance the service if this were implemented.

BBO has spent a couple of decades fixing bugs in the GIB 2/1 bidding system and there are probably another couple of decades to go for fixing bugs. There are supposedly other bidding systems that are supported, but AFAIK they haven't been touched since BBO bought the original code. I can't imagine how many crippling bugs are in those other bidding systems.

BBO doesn't have the manpower to fix the current 2/1 system to the satisfaction of "power" users. Trying to support additional bidding systems would reduce the capability of BBO to maintain the current 2/1 system, which as forum members have seen, has bugs that have been around forever.

#3 User is offline   Ed_pl 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2019-October-08, 01:59

View Postjohnu, on 2019-September-30, 14:09, said:

BBO has spent a couple of decades fixing bugs in the GIB 2/1 bidding system and there are probably another couple of decades to go for fixing bugs. There are supposedly other bidding systems that are supported, but AFAIK they haven't been touched since BBO bought the original code. I can't imagine how many crippling bugs are in those other bidding systems.

BBO doesn't have the manpower to fix the current 2/1 system to the satisfaction of "power" users. Trying to support additional bidding systems would reduce the capability of BBO to maintain the current 2/1 system, which as forum members have seen, has bugs that have been around forever.

I am working on the Bridge Bidding Analyser bidding program.
The program currently has the ability to bid on three systems: 21GF, Sayc and WJ (Polish Club).

More interestingly, also the ActiveX dll library containing the bidding engine is available, which I think could be used by BBO.

Current progress can be followed on:
bbaenglish.edwardpiwowar.pl
bbapolski.edwardpiwowar.pl

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users