BBO Discussion Forums: Refresh History in the New Bridgebase Version - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Refresh History in the New Bridgebase Version

#1 User is offline   RobS132 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2019-May-06, 08:13

Is there a way to refresh history in the new Bridgebase version. The 'Refresh' button in the old version seems to be gone.

Thanks!

#2 User is offline   etha 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2019-May-06, 08:31

or a way to permanently save the changes to the settings you make would be useful. E.g. a save settings to my hard drive button. Adding save hand to my hard drive while you are at it would be good.

#3 User is offline   fred 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2019-May-06, 12:39

View Postetha, on 2019-May-06, 08:31, said:

or a way to permanently save the changes to the settings you make would be useful. E.g. a save settings to my hard drive button. Adding save hand to my hard drive while you are at it would be good.

Your settings should be saved automatically (unless you are running in private browsing mode, disabled cookies, or similar).

#4 User is offline   fred 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2019-May-06, 12:41

View PostRobS132, on 2019-May-06, 08:13, said:

Is there a way to refresh history in the new Bridgebase version. The 'Refresh' button in the old version seems to be gone.

Thanks!

Right now I think the only way to do it is to go back to "my table" and click "other tables" again.

Adding an explicit Refresh button is on our list of things to do. Thanks for your patience.

#5 User is offline   etha 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2019-May-07, 04:59

View Postfred, on 2019-May-06, 12:39, said:

Your settings should be saved automatically (unless you are running in private browsing mode, disabled cookies, or similar).

Yes I know but lets say I clear my browser cache and cookies for security reason every week, it quickly becomes annoying to have to reset all the settings.

#6 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2019-May-07, 08:00

View Postetha, on 2019-May-07, 04:59, said:

Yes I know but lets say I clear my browser cache and cookies for security reason every week, it quickly becomes annoying to have to reset all the settings.

Local Storage is the standard place for browser applications to remember settings. If you deliberately delete this, it forgets them.

That's how the old version worked, except it used Flash Local Storage instead of the native browser Local Storage.

#7 User is offline   etha 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2019-May-07, 10:40

View Postbarmar, on 2019-May-07, 08:00, said:

Local Storage is the standard place for browser applications to remember settings. If you deliberately delete this, it forgets them.

That's how the old version worked, except it used Flash Local Storage instead of the native browser Local Storage.

yes it was annoying in the flash version too.

If you can tell me exactly where the bbo settings are saved that would help in fact I can either just copy them and save them or I can make them undeletable.

#8 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2019-May-08, 09:12

View Postetha, on 2019-May-07, 10:40, said:

If you can tell me exactly where the bbo settings are saved that would help in fact I can either just copy them and save them or I can make them undeletable.

In Developer Tools, go to the Application tab. Expand Local Storage and click on www.bridgebase.com. All the keys beginning with your username are the saved settings for that user.

That doesn't really help you with saving the settings, though. Here's a Chrome extension that might be helpful, the description says you can use it to export and import.

https://chrome.googl...efhkap?hl=en-US

This assumes you're using Chrome, there should be similar solutions for other browsers.

#9 User is offline   etha 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2019-May-08, 11:16

View Postbarmar, on 2019-May-08, 09:12, said:

In Developer Tools, go to the Application tab. Expand Local Storage and click on www.bridgebase.com. All the keys beginning with your username are the saved settings for that user.

That doesn't really help you with saving the settings, though. Here's a Chrome extension that might be helpful, the description says you can use it to export and import.

https://chrome.googl...efhkap?hl=en-US

This assumes you're using Chrome, there should be similar solutions for other browsers.

Thanks.

#10 User is offline   aleaxit 

• PipPip

Posted 2019-May-26, 15:28

View Postfred, on 2019-May-06, 12:41, said:

Right now I think the only way to do it is to go back to "my table" and click "other tables" again.

I've tried that repeatedly as I was playing a friendly match with and against friends today, and never saw any of the numbers change (i.e. refresh). You sure this is a "way to do it"?

#11 User is offline   globit 

• Pip

Posted 2020-October-14, 21:38

I cannot get History to work any longer. Sometimes pushing History will take me to "my table" but I cannot get on "Other tables." The problem started about two weeks ago. It is very frustrating because part of the fun is seeing how other tables bid and made the hand, or didn't.
Globit

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users