BBO Discussion Forums: Names of Robot Daylong Tournaments - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Names of Robot Daylong Tournaments

#1 User is offline   bixby 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2019-January-29, 20:03

There is no need for the "A" in the names of the "Daylong Tournament (IMP) A" and the "Just Declare Daylong (MP) A". The "A" is needed in the name of the "Daylong Tournament (MP) A" to distinguish it from the "Daylong Tournament (MP) B" and the "Daylong Tournament (MP) C". But as there is only one IMP and one Just Declare daylong tournament per day, the "A" designation is unnecessary in those tournaments, and including it only makes the various daylong tournaments harder to distinguish from one another. It would be easier for players to pick out their desired tournament if the "A", "B", and "C" were present only in the names of the MP daylong tournaments.

#2 User is offline   thepossum 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2019-January-30, 00:44

Hi

I may misunderstand the letters ABC in daylongs but dont they apply to the Strata we are in based upon BBO points. Therefore the A strata is for everyone, B strata is bottom two thirds and C strata is bottom third.

I could be completely wrong???? Ive been meaning to ask that myself

P

Edit. Not that points on bridge base necessarily reflect ability. Its more related to experience and ability. There are other factors such as how long people have been playing, how often they compete, how long they have been on BBO etc.

#3 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2019-January-30, 11:11

No, the ABC in daylong names has nothing to do with strata, it's just to distinguish the three daylong MP games we run.

You're right that there's no real need for the suffixes on the IMP and Just Declare games, since there's just one of them. I think we did it just to have consistent naming, with the expectation that we'd probably expand to more than one of them as well.

#4 User is offline   TrialBid 

• PipPipPip

Posted 2019-January-30, 14:38

I saw the topic and first thought it might be an issue that I keep running into. Because the list of tournaments is constantly jumping about, more than once I have played the wrong tournament because I said join and the payment prompt does not identify the tournament as it does for all other tournaments. Perhaps that idea needs to get its own thread. IDK.

#5 User is offline   bixby 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2019-January-30, 20:39

View PostTrialBid, on 2019-January-30, 14:38, said:

I saw the topic and first thought it might be an issue that I keep running into. Because the list of tournaments is constantly jumping about, more than once I have played the wrong tournament because I said join and the payment prompt does not identify the tournament as it does for all other tournaments. Perhaps that idea needs to get its own thread. IDK.

I agree that it would be useful if the payment prompt identified which tournament you were about to pay for. It actually does so if you are on a mobile device, but not if you are on a PC. I have also accidentally paid for the wrong tournament once or twice.

Obviously none of this is that big a deal. It's just a small suggestion.

#6 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2019-January-31, 16:52

I'm not sure what you're talking about. I just tried registering for several different types of tournaments, in both the Flash client and the HTML preview version. They all showed the name of the tournament when asking for confirmation.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users