• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

pass explanation suggestion

#1 User is offline   Justus65 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2018-August-09, 20:52

Hi,

It would be nice if you could see a bid explanation for a pass. Sometimes you want to know whether a pass is forcing or not, and/or you'd like to know what a pass specifically denies. For example: in a support double situation: does a pass explitely deny a 3-card support, etc.

Just a suggestion. Thanks!

#2 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2018-August-10, 10:07

I think you can click on Pass to ask the opponent to explain it, just like clicking on any other bid.

#3 User is offline   smerriman 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2018-August-10, 14:09

I suspect they might be referring to passes with GIB. While you can hover over your own passes, you don't know what others mean (and the descriptions of your own often don't say much). But that's probably more to do with pass being a catch-all that can't be described in most situations.

#4 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2018-August-12, 21:03

View Postsmerriman, on 2018-August-10, 14:09, said:

I suspect they might be referring to passes with GIB. While you can hover over your own passes, you don't know what others mean (and the descriptions of your own often don't say much). But that's probably more to do with pass being a catch-all that can't be described in most situations.

Right. There are some situations where pass has a specific meaning, and then there will be an explanation. Most of the time, though, it's just "nothing more to say". I don't think GIB has any explicit "forcing pass" agreements.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users