BBO Discussion Forums: Has U.S. Democracy Been Trumped? - BBO Discussion Forums

• 1075 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Has U.S. Democracy Been Trumped? Bernie Sanders wants to know who owns America?

#8621 User is offline   ldrews 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2017-December-26, 12:03

View Postawm, on 2017-December-26, 10:48, said:

Seriously? We just had an election where the Democratic candidate had detailed plans and policy positions for basically everything, and the Republican candidate was running on slogans and put-downs. Here's a summary of Hillary Clinton's economic plan. Here's the Democrats in the Senate.

Obviously you can disagree with aspects of the Democrats' plans, or say that you don't think they would work. But claiming there isn't a plan is just utter nonsense. Finding the plans linked above took me all of 30 seconds on Google.

Seriously, Clinton is not longer a candidate or spokesperson for the Democratic Party, so her plans are no longer pertinent.

I do concede that the Democratic Party website has a rough plan. I notice the premier talking point is rebuilding the US infrastructure. It will be interesting to see if they participate in the upcoming Republican effort to initiate an infrastructure rebuilding effort. I would bet not, but I am quite willing and hopeful that I am wrong.

But still, I have not heard any of the Republican leaders, Pelosi, Schumer, et. al., talking about what the Democrats can do for America. They still seem to be stuck in resistance mode. I would think that "We are not Republicans!" would not do well in the upcoming elections.

But we shall see.

#8622 User is offline   ldrews 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2017-December-26, 12:13

View Posthrothgar, on 2017-December-26, 09:35, said:

I fail to see how providing basic information about Drews character constitutes a personal attack.

He admits to being a troll.

If we had real moderation of these forums, he would have been booted long long ago.

I find it fascinating that someone with a different viewpoint, who attempts to remain civil in the midst of insults and namecalling, is considered a troll.

#8623 User is offline   Winstonm 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:Art, music

Posted 2017-December-26, 13:16

People who have been conned admit they were conned and feel anger when the truth is explained; those who have been hustled, though, refuse to accept it and instead double-down on duplicity.

Donald Trump is a hustler. What does that make his supporters?
"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere." Black Lives Matter. / "I need ammunition, not a ride." Zelensky

#8624 User is offline   ldrews 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2017-December-26, 13:34

View PostWinstonm, on 2017-December-26, 13:16, said:

People who have been conned admit they were conned and feel anger when the truth is explained; those who have been hustled, though, refuse to accept it and instead double-down on duplicity.

It may be a "long con". You know, Trump cons us for 8 years, brings huge prosperity to the US, solves all kinds of societal problems, all so that at the end he becomes filthy rich. Damn him! We must be stupid to let that happen!

#8625 User is offline   hrothgar 

• Interests:Travel
    Cooking
    Brewing
    Hiking

Posted 2017-December-26, 13:44

View Postldrews, on 2017-December-26, 12:13, said:

I find it fascinating that someone with a different viewpoint, who attempts to remain civil in the midst of insults and namecalling, is considered a troll.

What does any of that have to do with you or your posting style?

You openly stated that you aren't participating on the forums to engage in any kind of a discussion, rather you're acting like an asshole and trying to get a rise out of people.

As for "remaining civil". You aren't courteous or polite.
You continuously post bullshit, refuse to engage on substance, and gish gallop like mad.

That matters a hell of a lot more than a using a bit of blue language...
Alderaan delenda est

#8626 User is offline   RedSpawn 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2017-December-26, 15:05

View PostWinstonm, on 2017-December-26, 13:16, said:

And Former President Bill Clinton is a hustler. What does that make his supporters and his wife that enabled him every step of the way?
Source: http://www.fgfbooks....n%20Legacy.html

There are Presidential hustlers on both sides of the aisle. It just depends on which Baskin-Robbins flavor you prefer. We tolerate hustlers because we believe their ends justifies the means. Character flaws be damned.

#8627 User is offline   ldrews 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2017-December-26, 15:26

View Posthrothgar, on 2017-December-26, 13:44, said:

What does any of that have to do with you or your posting style?

You openly stated that you aren't participating on the forums to engage in any kind of a discussion, rather you're acting like an asshole and trying to get a rise out of people.

As for "remaining civil". You aren't courteous or polite.
You continuously post bullshit, refuse to engage on substance, and gish gallop like mad.

That matters a hell of a lot more than a using a bit of blue language...

I would love to engage in discussion, but unfortunately most here seem to be intent on bashing Trump or winning insult points. I have stated this many times so I don't know where you get the idea to the contrary. Perhaps you could give me a link where I have said the opposite.

I am sure to someone with a mind as closed as yours that what I post does seem like bullshit, but I can't help you with that. You might try getting out of the echo chamber and thinking for yourself.

And I do try to ask provoking questions, that is how discussion is started. Or is discussion to you just lining up behind the prevailing groupthink?

Now, we are having a discussion, no?

#8628 User is offline   hrothgar 

Cooking
    Brewing
    Hiking

Posted 2017-December-26, 16:10

View Postldrews, on 2017-December-26, 15:26, said:

I would love to engage in discussion, but unfortunately most here seem to be intent on bashing Trump or winning insult points. I have stated this many times so I don't know where you get the idea to the contrary. Perhaps you could give me a link where I have said the opposite.

I believe that the quote went:

Excuse me, but I am not trying to convince anyone of anything, apparently you are. I am just posting a viewpoint opposed to the groupthink so prevalent here. We will see how it all turns out at the next elections.

http://www.bridgebas.../page__st__8040

In order to have a discussion, you need to respond to the questions and comments that other people pose to you.

You don't. You post inane bullshit.
People call you on it. They point out where you are wrong. The ask you directions.
You dodge the questions and post more inane bullshit.

Listen, I udnerstand why you do this...

You live down there in Mexico, probably with no friends or family.
Based on your previous post, it looks like your marriage went to *****.
You have a joke of a website trying to drum up consulting business...

So I understand that you want a distraction from your life.
Because I guess any attention from actual humans, even if its folks calling you an asshole, is better than being ignored for another day.

But in all seriousness, if things are this grim, why not just kill yourself?
It has to be better than this...
Alderaan delenda est

#8629 User is offline   hrothgar 

Cooking
    Brewing
    Hiking

Posted 2017-December-26, 16:10

I believe that the quote went:

Excuse me, but I am not trying to convince anyone of anything, apparently you are. I am just posting a viewpoint opposed to the groupthink so prevalent here. We will see how it all turns out at the next elections.

http://www.bridgebas.../page__st__8040

In order to have a discussion, you need to respond to the questions and comments that other people pose to you.

You don't. You post inane bullshit.
People call you on it. They point out where you are wrong. The ask you directions.
You dodge the questions and post more inane bullshit.

Listen, I udnerstand why you do this...

You live down there in Mexico, probably with no friends or family.
You have a joke of a website trying to drum up consulting business...

So I understand that you want a distraction from your life.
Because I guess any attention from actual humans, even if its folks calling you an asshole, is better than being ignored for another day.

But in all seriousness, if things are this grim, why not just kill yourself?
It has to be better than this...

I bet you have gun...
It would be really easy to do...
Alderaan delenda est

#8630 User is offline   Al_U_Card 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2017-December-26, 16:18

When disagreement is seen as heresy, can an inquisition be far behind? Attacks by the orthodoxy are to expected, especially as the propositions put forth will undermine the basic tenets of the faithful and their closely held beliefs. A rudimentary scan of what has been posted reveals this situation clearly. More revealing than all the googling and preaching and sanctimony combined.
The Grand Design, reflected in the face of Chaos...it's a fluke!

#8631 User is offline   hrothgar 

Cooking
    Brewing
    Hiking

Posted 2017-December-26, 16:29

View PostAl_U_Card, on 2017-December-26, 16:18, said:

When disagreement is seen as heresy, can an inquisition be far behind? Attacks by the orthodoxy are to expected, especially as the propositions put forth will undermine the basic tenets of the faithful and their closely held beliefs. A rudimentary scan of what has been posted reveals this situation clearly. More revealing than all the googling and preaching and sanctimony combined.

The 9-11 truther / LaRouchie rides to rescue, hoping that he may have found a kindred spirit!
Alderaan delenda est

#8632 User is offline   Winstonm 

Posted 2017-December-26, 17:36

Here is what real populism looks like:

An historic jump in small donations drove a wave of Democratic victories in Virginia’s House of Delegates in November, according to a new analysis.

Democratic House candidates received 153,422 contributions of $100 or less in the 2017 elections, compared to 7,332 such gifts for Republicans, the nonprofit Virginia Public Access Project found by analyzing official data.

Danica Roem, delegate-elect in Virginia’s 13th House district and the state’s first openly transgender lawmaker, picked up nearly 18,000 small donations ― more than the entire Republican total of such contributions.

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere." Black Lives Matter. / "I need ammunition, not a ride." Zelensky

#8633 User is offline   Zelandakh 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2017-December-26, 18:20

View Postldrews, on 2017-December-26, 12:13, said:

Many here tried to engage you in civlised debate. I myself tried to engage you in civilised discussion a number of times. To no avail, all that comes back is bullshit and trolling. At some point you have to accept that the person standing opposite you is a cancer to the BBO forums that ought to be ripped out. If you want to be treated with any modicum of respect then you need to demonstrate that you are willing to become part of the community here and not just an internet troll.

Being part of the community oes not mean agreement but it does mean not coming here for the sole point of "getting your rocks off" in trying to rile other members up. I have satisfied myself that that is never going to happen. By all means prove me wrong. Until then, you will remain for me and, I suspect, the majority of regular WC posters low-life pond scum. And yes, I will do my best to make sure non-WC BBF members are aware of this before they make the mistake of partnering your sorry arse.
(-: Zel :-)

#8634 User is offline   Zelandakh 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2017-December-26, 18:26

View Posthrothgar, on 2017-December-26, 16:10, said:

Oh is that why he had to sell the house? Makes sense - he's such a pathetic loser. Though I guess he probably deludes himself that he is "winning" - perhaps that is why he feels the need to come here and troll. :lol: :wacko:
(-: Zel :-)

#8635 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2017-December-26, 18:29

Larry the problem is you never provide anything to back your "i'm tired of winning" statements, and you simply ignore questions from other posters. You keep replying with other questions instead. That's why you come across as a troll, you do not discuss, ever. You post some stuff like it's gospel then keep posting one liner replies and rhetorical questions. That's not how discussions work.

#8636 User is offline   nige1 

• 5-level belongs to me
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Poems Computers

Posted 2017-December-26, 20:15

View Postdiana_eva, on 2017-December-26, 18:29, said:

Larry the problem is you never provide anything to back your "i'm tired of winning" statements, and you simply ignore questions from other posters. You keep replying with other questions instead. That's why you come across as a troll, you do not discuss, ever. You post some stuff like it's gospel then keep posting one liner replies and rhetorical questions. That's not how discussions work.
I agree with Diana_Eva that some Water-Cooler posters seem happier to ask sophisticated questions than to provide straight-forward answers. It's particularly hard to answer such queries when laced with gratuitous insult. ("troll" insinuations are the mildest recent example).

It's a pity. Some Water-cooler topics might attract eclectic views were they not sidetracked and disrupted in this way.

#8637 User is offline   ldrews 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2017-December-26, 20:28

View Postdiana_eva, on 2017-December-26, 18:29, said:

The disagreements on this forum start much more basically than "winning" or "losing" or who is President, etc. The disagreement starts in basic political philosophy.

I believe that every individual is sovereign. By that I mean that every individual has a right to attempt to survive, that every individual owns their own body, that every individual owns the products of their own labor, mental or physical, and nobody else has a legitimate claim against those things. By the same token, an individual has no legitimate claim against those same things owned by other individuals.

Do you agree or disagree? If you disagree, please explain your beliefs in this area so that we may discuss them.

#8638 User is offline   Winstonm 

Posted 2017-December-26, 20:53

That's the juvenile version.

The adult version begins with the yielding or modifying of those claims in order to live together in civilized social groups so that everyone thrives.

#8639 User is offline   ldrews 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2017-December-26, 21:18

View PostWinstonm, on 2017-December-26, 20:53, said:

That's the juvenile version.

The adult version begins with the yielding or modifying of those claims in order to live together in civilized social groups so that everyone thrives.

The pejorative comments are unnecessary.

Certainly to live together requires voluntary collaboration. If you have something I want or need then I trade with you or enter into a voluntary agreement to yield some of those claims. Note the use of the word "voluntary". The other party still has no legitimate claim other than what I voluntarily offer.

Is this inconsistent with your view?

#8640 User is offline   andrei 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2017-December-26, 21:55

View PostZelandakh, on 2017-December-26, 18:26, said:

Oh is that why he had to sell the house? Makes sense - he's such a pathetic loser.

Pot
Kettle
Don't argue with a fool. He has a rested brain
Before internet age you had a suspicion there are lots of "not-so-smart" people on the planet. Now you even know their names.

• 1075 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

38 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 38 guests, 0 anonymous users

1. Facebook