BBO Discussion Forums: Robot leads an unsupported King or Queen. - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Robot leads an unsupported King or Queen.

#1 User is offline   mattw777 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2018-August-11, 15:52

Every single time the robot leads an unsupported King or Queen (that is, the King without the Queen, or the Queen without the Jack), The robot's partner HAS that Queen or Jack.
And on that note, how come EVERY time the robot leads trumps, it is correct? The robots cheat like hell. That's why.

#2 User is online   johnu 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2018-August-12, 00:56

View Postmattw777, on 2018-August-11, 15:52, said:

Every single time the robot leads an unsupported King or Queen (that is, the King without the Queen, or the Queen without the Jack), The robot's partner HAS that Queen or Jack.
And on that note, how come EVERY time the robot leads trumps, it is correct? The robots cheat like hell. That's why.

Every single time? :rolleyes: :lol:

Surely you must know this is a gross exaggeration.

For me, most of the time when a robot leads a singleton king of trump, it is spectacularly wrong, whether I am declarer or the unwitting partner.

The lead of singletons in unsupported suits has been analyzed by a number of people, and the conclusion is that singleton leads are usually the best lead.

#3 User is offline   wank 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2018-August-12, 01:49

'unsupported' doesn't mean 'singleton'

#4 User is offline   smerriman 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2018-August-12, 02:27

'Unsupported' definitely sums up the OP.

#5 User is online   johnu 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2018-August-12, 08:27

View Postwank, on 2018-August-12, 01:49, said:

'unsupported' doesn't mean 'singleton'

Right, I wasn't thinking about doubletons (or longer) because IMO GIB leads those less than an expected percentage compared to human players. I could be wrong but I think that is due to GIB's usual preference for passive leads.

#6 User is offline   mattw777 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2018-August-13, 06:27

View Postjohnu, on 2018-August-12, 08:27, said:

Right, I wasn't thinking about doubletons (or longer) because IMO GIB leads those less than an expected percentage compared to human players. I could be wrong but I think that is due to GIB's usual preference for passive leads.

It's obviously from a doubleton. Do all of you need spoon feeding like this on a regular basis? Hopeless.

#7 User is offline   wbartley 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2018-August-13, 16:01

There is no conspiracy here. GIB doesn't know about any cards other than its own and what cards have already been played. If it were going to do that it would play perfect double dummy (which we know it doesn't), either that or it would have to employ some sort of selective use of that knowledge which would be far more complicated and error prone than playing perfectly.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users