Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Bid these and play it (2)

#1 User is online   Cyberyeti 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2018-July-22, 15:24

How do you bid this against silent opponents, if you bid 6 as we did after a 1-2(not GF) start, the opening lead is 10 which will turn out to be from 109x, how do you play it ?

#2 User is offline   HardVector 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2018-July-22, 22:21

View PostCyberyeti, on 2018-July-22, 15:24, said:

How do you bid this against silent opponents, if you bid 6 as we did after a 1-2(not GF) start, the opening lead is 10 which will turn out to be from 109x, how do you play it ?

Well, with standard bidding, I like 2d. I'd bid 1s in 2/1. 1h-2d-4c(splinter)-4d-4h-5d-6d (if you are playing minorwood, I'd choose this instead). Responder should be trying to discourage with the fast spades losers and void in partner's primary suit. Also, after the splinter, QJxx is a bad holding. Partner shouldn't care about partner's caution, I'd have been thinking the grand was in the picture from the 2d bid.

After the T of diamonds, I'd win in hand and play the club Q. If west wins and persists with a diamond, I'd probably play for a double squeeze assuming that the other high club and heart Q don't get ruffed out. There may be communication problems, so I'd think about this to make sure I could get back and forth. If a diamond doesn't come back, you can probably crossruff everything.

#3 User is online   Cyberyeti 

Posted 2018-July-23, 02:53

I was wondering whether you should go to dummy to lead the club, as E with the A might feel obliged to fly it without a trump to return.

Partner played this one and played the club from hand which W won and played a second diamond.

#4 User is offline   HardVector 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2018-July-24, 21:18

View PostCyberyeti, on 2018-July-23, 02:53, said:

I was wondering whether you should go to dummy to lead the club, as E with the A might feel obliged to fly it without a trump to return.

Partner played this one and played the club from hand which W won and played a second diamond.

I usually pretend that I'm at the table and on a clock with these kind of things, and the first thought I had was for a double squeeze. Although, technically, it won't be a double squeeze as only one opponent can guard the spades, but that's the way I would play it. It would have to be west with the Q of hearts and east with the high club honor.

#5 User is online   Cyberyeti 

Posted 2018-July-25, 00:17

Pretty much anything you do will work at the table, Qx onside, Qxxx right for the ruffing finesse, I was just interested to see how people went about it, partner took a long time before playing for hearts 4-4 or 5W3E. Remember you have to get back to hand after taking your club ruffs, he cashed AK so he could see if Q dropped, which meant he had to ruff the 4th round with a trump still out.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users