Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Connection problems?

#1 User is offline   661_Pete 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2018-July-21, 14:32

I have to confess, not been playing much on BBO, of late. Other activities (including live bridge) ....

Just now played another session. Had to abandon after a few hands. Connections were atrocious. Not for me, but for the other players at the same table. Why them and not me? Surely not every BBO player is based in the Outer Hebrides?!

I've been registered on BBO for some years now, and nothing seems to have improved on that front. Yet I never seem to have problems myself. All I can say is, I've been expecting improvement all along. But it hasn't come yet. Perhaps it's time to abandon BBO altogether...

#2 User is online   smerriman 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2018-July-21, 14:47

Out of interest, how do you know they were having connection issues?

You've never had problems; I've never had problems; I suspect the reason nothing has improved is because there is nothing to improve.

(Or, it's caused by Flash in some way and only affects a small set of users, in which case they've been working hard on a Flash alternative which is now previewable on the BBO homepage).

#3 User is offline   maximum01 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2020-April-13, 09:13

Hi, I didn't play on bbo for a long time. When I try to collect, I have the message that i am not connected to interner but L am collectd and my connection is very good. Can you help me. Thks

#4 User is offline   bbutcher85 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2020-May-03, 11:29

I have been playing on BBO a lot during the Covid 19 pandemic, and one of my regular partners has many drop-outs. Her screen will fail to show a card that has been played, or will not allow her to bid or play a card from her hand. She usually has to log off and back on about every two hands. This plus similar problems that the opponents have frequently cause us to not be able to finish three hands in the allotted time, especially playing speedball. I almost never need to log out and back in. The only difference is that I am using a computer with Windows XP and she is using a computer with Windows 7 operating systems. We both are using Google Chrome as a browser. We have even tested this with both computers in the same house using the same high speed internet connection with the same results, so cannot blame it on the internet connection.

The screens that appear on her computer are completely different from mine. One major difference is that I cannot find Virtual club games from my XP computer, the title is not listed. Some other features may be missing as well.

I have a second computer using Windows 7, and it seems to work OK with few if any drop-outs. Has anyone else had this problem, and more important has anyone found a solution? Maybe a Chrome problem?

#5 User is offline   pescetom 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2020-May-03, 14:59

View Postbbutcher85, on 2020-May-03, 11:29, said:

I have been playing on BBO a lot during the Covid 19 pandemic, and one of my regular partners has many drop-outs. Her screen will fail to show a card that has been played, or will not allow her to bid or play a card from her hand. She usually has to log off and back on about every two hands. This plus similar problems that the opponents have frequently cause us to not be able to finish three hands in the allotted time, especially playing speedball. I almost never need to log out and back in. The only difference is that I am using a computer with Windows XP and she is using a computer with Windows 7 operating systems. We both are using Google Chrome as a browser. We have even tested this with both computers in the same house using the same high speed internet connection with the same results, so cannot blame it on the internet connection.

The screens that appear on her computer are completely different from mine. One major difference is that I cannot find Virtual club games from my XP computer, the title is not listed. Some other features may be missing as well.

I have a second computer using Windows 7, and it seems to work OK with few if any drop-outs. Has anyone else had this problem, and more important has anyone found a solution? Maybe a Chrome problem?

There is no inherent problem in using Chrome with BBO, quite the contrary. But both operating systems you cite are obsolete and unsuppported by Microsoft. At least check that they have the latest version of Chrome that they can run. Also check that you are both using the same BBO client preferably this one.
Also check that her internet connection is stable, for example playing BBO with the app on a smartphone using her wifi.
If everything else is the same, probably her computer is too old or short of memory or is full of malware and bloatware. As life is short and you don't sound like a tech guy the best solution would be that she buys a new one :)

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users