BBO Discussion Forums: When your partner pass your takeout double - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

When your partner pass your takeout double

#1 User is offline   r8864 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2018-July-18, 05:34

I played this a few days ago on BBO. I did a takeout double. My partner decided that it's more beneficial to defend this contract. The result is down 5 and we got +10.93 IMP. At most of the other tables, S/N can make 3NT. I think opponents were simply unlucky. I wonder how the opponents could have done better?

#2 User is offline   Tramticket 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2018-July-18, 05:47

This looks like a very normal auction on these cards. I am surprised that most other North/south pairs were unable to extract the penalty, but I guess that the standard can be somewhat mixed.

#3 User is offline   FelicityR 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2018-July-18, 05:48

Nothing unlucky at all. Just looks normal at this vulnerability. South could have a lot less high card points for the X. Then 3NT probably would not make. But who cares about 3NT when you have 6 trumps headed by the KT9. Take the money and run. Three down at this vulnerability will always outweigh the points for a 3NT contract. Let the opponents squirm horribly :)

#4 User is offline   r8864 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2018-July-18, 06:10

More than half of the table played 3NT, when E did not open or S overcalled E's weak 2 open. For those who played 2Sx, they had the same bidding sequence as my table.

#5 User is offline   ggwhiz 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2018-July-18, 08:04

I've gone for 1400 on an auction like this in a team game where one of my opps immediately said "push" and it was.
When a deaf person goes to court is it still called a hearing?
What is baby oil made of?

#6 User is offline   ahydra 

• AQT92 AQ --- QJ6532
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2018-July-18, 17:07

I once picked up 1700 on a similar auction, declarer taking only the last trick. We had 6NT on our way via a non-simultaneous double squeeze, which was fun to figure out after the event. Unlucky for EW that NS don't quite have a slam here.

ahydra

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users