BBO Discussion Forums: Pass forcing bid? - An old unresolved problem - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Pass forcing bid? - An old unresolved problem

#1 User is offline   lycier 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2018-July-01, 05:45

This hand is from Robot Challenge.

#2 User is offline   steve2005 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Bridge duh!

Posted 2018-July-01, 11:18

I thought this bug resolved. Does Gib really think it has power to make 4N on a spade lead?
Sarcasm is a state of mind

#3 User is offline   virgosrock 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2018-July-01, 13:36

View Poststeve2005, on 2018-July-01, 11:18, said:

I thought this bug resolved. Does Gib really think it has power to make 4N on a spade lead?

Partner promised 6+ HCP so GUBBO sunny side kicked in. after all 19+6=25 and master play so 27 for 4NT

#4 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2018-July-01, 14:26

Programmers say it will be fixed in next version. GIB is already programmed to pick a minor but on this particular scenario there was some bug with priorities (not sure what this means)

#5 User is offline   virgosrock 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2018-July-01, 17:38

View Postdiana_eva, on 2018-July-01, 14:26, said:

Programmers say it will be fixed in next version. GIB is already programmed to pick a minor but on this particular scenario there was some bug with priorities (not sure what this means)

Diana what is the web link for current version? I want to be like Stephen Tu and smerriman who can tell you instantly what a GIBid would have meant.

thanks

#6 User is offline   Stephen Tu 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2018-July-01, 18:21

There is no special web link for "current version". If you are playing on the web site or mobile app you are always on whatever version is currently deployed. The only way I or others figure out what the various bid options mean is either from recent memory of the same sequence, or by simply going to a practice bidding table and forcing a reproduction of your sample auction (control by host E/W bids, swap seats between North/South and make same bids as your problem auction, seat a robot as your partner after forcing his last bid, don't bother having hands match auction except maybe north's if you want to see what a basic bot chooses with a particular hand), then hovering over the bid choices.

#7 User is offline   virgosrock 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2018-July-01, 20:43

View PostStephen Tu, on 2018-July-01, 18:21, said:

There is no special web link for "current version". If you are playing on the web site or mobile app you are always on whatever version is currently deployed. The only way I or others figure out what the various bid options mean is either from recent memory of the same sequence, or by simply going to a practice bidding table and forcing a reproduction of your sample auction (control by host E/W bids, swap seats between North/South and make same bids as your problem auction, seat a robot as your partner after forcing his last bid, don't bother having hands match auction except maybe north's if you want to see what a basic bot chooses with a particular hand), then hovering over the bid choices.

you guys actually do that every time? Lot of work and thank you.

#8 User is offline   Stephen Tu 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2018-July-01, 21:16

I do that when I am curious to see how screwed up gib's choices are. It's pretty easy, not a lot of work. Actually fixing the bidding is the lot of work.

#9 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2018-July-02, 06:03

View Postvirgosrock, on 2018-July-01, 20:43, said:

you guys actually do that every time? Lot of work and thank you.

Yup, I do that too, with both basic and advanced robot when I suspect the problem might be basic bot is just being basic. It's not complicated, and quite informative. I also take hands where I screwed up with people and make robots play them to see whether they would "judge" differently :)

#10 User is offline   jdonn 

• - - T98765432 AQT8
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2018-July-04, 10:19

I know this kind of thing was supposed to be fixed. The programmer is saying it is fixed for the next upgrade.
Please let me know about any questions or interest or bug reports about GIB.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users