• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Tortured just bid NT already....

#1 User is offline   manudude03 

• - - A AKQJT9876543
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2018-June-20, 16:54

I can't fault gib for the problem it gave me for my initial rebid, but after that, I ended up making 2 more calls I wasn't comfortable with. It could have saved the hassle by bidding 3NT over 2C or even 3C.
Wayne Somerville

#2 User is offline   DozyDom 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2018-June-21, 03:28

You have a partial stop in spades and 5 quick tricks (plus the queen of spades) between you. 3NT goes down on the actual layout if W continues spades, (as it probably should) and it's actually quite a nice one, with W having only 4 spades. Why so eager to be in 3NT?

The robot is definitely making bad bids here, but that's because it's massively overvalued its hand due to a singleton in your suit, not because it should be bidding to game even faster. Of course, I'd say it should be bidding 3C over 2C, and that's also a terrible contract to be in.

#3 User is offline   virgosrock 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2018-June-21, 05:00

View PostDozyDom, on 2018-June-21, 03:28, said:

You have a partial stop in spades and 5 quick tricks (plus the queen of spades) between you. 3NT goes down on the actual layout if W continues spades, (as it probably should) and it's actually quite a nice one, with W having only 4 spades. Why so eager to be in 3NT?

The robot is definitely making bad bids here, but that's because it's massively overvalued its hand due to a singleton in your suit, not because it should be bidding to game even faster. Of course, I'd say it should be bidding 3C over 2C, and that's also a terrible contract to be in.

hand looks a misfit. Best to bite bullet and bid 1NT. Particularly since 12 HCP. So they take 5 spades off the top. or even 6 since righty did not support spade.GUBBO might do something intelligent or lefty rescues with 2S.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users