BBO Discussion Forums: Mr. Tu would s7 first round have helped? - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Mr. Tu would s7 first round have helped? GUBBO defence

#1 User is offline   virgosrock 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2018-June-04, 19:07

Based on your assertion GUBBO does not follow partner's count cards.
In my experience if one runs a long suit especially in 6 or 7 GUBBO will misdiscard.

#2 User is offline   smerriman 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2018-June-04, 19:21

Obviously it would have helped with a human. But it makes no difference at all to GIB.

#3 User is offline   Stephen Tu 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2018-June-05, 02:08

GIB doesn't do signals. What you play doesn't matter. It seems to me that it shouldn't need a signal, having a complete count on the hand. West either has ST CA left at end, or CAK. The only way SQ is right is if declarer has CAJ and partner has decided to stiff his CK to keep DJ and ST. It ought to be getting these positions right without any signal.

My standalone GIB defends correctly keeping the SQ no matter the carding by South. Don't know why defending so bad at money bridge.

#4 User is offline   virgosrock 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2018-June-05, 04:05

View PostStephen Tu, on 2018-June-05, 02:08, said:

GIB doesn't do signals. What you play doesn't matter. It seems to me that it shouldn't need a signal, having a complete count on the hand. West either has ST CA left at end, or CAK. The only way SQ is right is if declarer has CAJ and partner has decided to stiff his CK to keep DJ and ST. It ought to be getting these positions right without any signal.

My standalone GIB defends correctly keeping the SQ no matter the carding by South. Don't know why defending so bad at money bridge.

Is your standalone GIB up to date with all bug fixes? If yes, I expect this to be a resource problem.
Sad and mysterious this random behavior.

#5 User is offline   Stephen Tu 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2018-June-05, 08:26

They haven't released any bug fixes for the PC GIB in 8 years. So it is missing all the bidding database improvements (mostly, there are a small # of regressions) since then. AFAIK they haven't done anything with the play other than the forcing the bots to lead aces vs. 7nt.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users