BBO Discussion Forums: Hand records from uncompleted tournaments - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Hand records from uncompleted tournaments

#1 User is offline   silvr bull 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2018-June-01, 00:40

Does BBO save hand records from tournaments that were not completed? A day or two ago, a BBO glitch closed the connection on many players and resulted in a tournament being cancelled half way though because there were too many reds (missing players). My BBO Hands and Results shows no record of the hands I played in that tournament, either in Recent hands or Recent tournaments. Yesterday, I played in a survivor tournament, but I did not survive to the end of the tournament. Once again I have no record of the hands I did complete there. Does BBO save the completed hands from tournaments that were not finished? Is it possible to get the hand records from the survivor tournament that I did not survive to the finish yesterday? Thanks!

#2 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2018-June-01, 08:40

View Postsilvr bull, on 2018-June-01, 00:40, said:

Does BBO save hand records from tournaments that were not completed? A day or two ago, a BBO glitch closed the connection on many players and resulted in a tournament being cancelled half way though because there were too many reds (missing players). My BBO Hands and Results shows no record of the hands I played in that tournament, either in Recent hands or Recent tournaments. Yesterday, I played in a survivor tournament, but I did not survive to the end of the tournament. Once again I have no record of the hands I did complete there. Does BBO save the completed hands from tournaments that were not finished? Is it possible to get the hand records from the survivor tournament that I did not survive to the finish yesterday? Thanks!

They're saved in our database, and our programmers can pull them up by hand with ad hoc query tools if necessary.

#3 User is offline   nullve 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:partscores

Posted 2018-June-01, 15:02

A related question:

Some years ago (5? 6?) I played a truly remarkable hand on BBO, but I was too lazy to save it on my computer because I thought could always search for it in the Hand Records if needed. And I seem to recall BBO announcing a few weeks or months later that it would no longer store hands indefinitely. So I have long assumed that those details about the hand that I'm now unable to reconstruct, are lost forever. Or is the hand stored on some BBO server after all?

#4 User is offline   barmar 

Posted 2018-June-03, 12:53

View Postnullve, on 2018-June-01, 15:02, said:

A related question:

Some years ago (5? 6?) I played a truly remarkable hand on BBO, but I was too lazy to save it on my computer because I thought could always search for it in the Hand Records if needed. And I seem to recall BBO announcing a few weeks or months later that it would no longer store hands indefinitely. So I have long assumed that those details about the hand that I'm now unable to reconstruct, are lost forever. Or is the hand stored on some BBO server after all?

We have all hands archived, but finding a specific hand would be pretty tricky.

#5 User is offline   nullve 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2018-June-03, 13:23

View Postbarmar, on 2018-June-03, 12:53, said:

We have all hands archived, but finding a specific hand would be pretty tricky.

I know who my parner, LHO and RHO were, and I think it was played after midnight in May or June about 5 or 6 years ago.

#6 User is offline   barmar 

Posted 2018-June-03, 13:34

Please don't interpret my post above as an offer to go look for random hands for anyone. I said we could find them, but it would be a PITA.

#7 User is offline   nullve 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2018-June-03, 13:36

Ok, np.

#8 User is offline   Lovera 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I'm also on YOUTUBE with a channel of music songs .

Posted 2018-June-06, 01:40

On 3 Sept 2017 i posted with "copy and past" way ten hands played in Main Club with free GIBs on 1/9/17 that now are not visible more. Is it possible to have it finding them in your database having an high score realized ? This is my post at that time: http://www.bridgebas...post__p__932204

#9 User is offline   barmar 

Posted 2018-June-06, 08:41

View PostLovera, on 2018-June-06, 01:40, said:

On 3 Sept 2017 i posted with "copy and past" way ten hands played in Main Club with free GIBs on 1/9/17 that now are not visible more. Is it possible to have it finding them in your database having an high score realized ? This is my post at that time: http://www.bridgebas...post__p__932204

No, sorry.

I guess I never should have said it's possible. We're not going to do it unless it's really important.

#10 User is offline   Lovera 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2018-June-06, 09:11

View Postbarmar, on 2018-June-06, 08:41, said:

No, sorry.

I guess I never should have said it's possible. We're not going to do it unless it's really important.

Ok, the score was really surpraising also for me, 28,99 IMPS on 10 boards if i remember well, but subsequently i thought that there was a meaning about what happened.This one was started as a test that i have need to do.

#11 User is offline   Lovera 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2018-June-07, 01:46

View Postnullve, on 2018-June-03, 13:23, said:

I know who my parner, LHO and RHO were, and I think it was played after midnight in May or June about 5 or 6 years ago.

There is another way to have it: you said that ones was not saved by you but if instead your partner or LHO or RHO have recorded these hands you are home.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users