• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Which is your choice: 7C or 7NT?

#21 User is offline   rrranade 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2018-June-03, 07:11

The Q is a choice between 2 grands. I have found that Slams play better in NT rather than suits. But yes who am I?

#22 User is offline   Cyberyeti 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2018-June-03, 07:23

View Postrrranade, on 2018-June-03, 07:11, said:

The Q is a choice between 2 grands. I have found that Slams play better in NT rather than suits. But yes who am I?

Really depends if there's a ruff to take in the short hand, or a suit that needs a ruff or two to establish.

#23 User is offline   SelfGovern 

• PipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Interests:Bridge (huh?), Toastmasters, Data Storage, photography

Posted 2018-June-03, 08:57

View Postnekthen, on 2018-June-02, 09:17, said:

I disagree with those who want to cue bid; we want to know about AS and KQC once we get the nod on those using RKCB our next bid is 5N. Now with both red Kings partner bids 7C which we convert to 7N.
[snippage]

With both red kings, partner bids 7!C... because he knows you have the spade king or singleton and are definitely not looking for the spade king with xx, AQx, AQ, Axxxxx??

Liberty breeds responsibility

#24 User is offline   pescetom 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2018-June-03, 09:32

View Poststeve2005, on 2018-June-02, 18:30, said:

How you get Minorwood, Crossword or my personal favourite Kickback into SAYC when SAYC doesn't even have a forcing raise of 1 of a minor I don't know? <end sarcasm>

Kickback schemes certainly fit better into 2/1, but you could still play Crosswood in SAYC and use it as a forcing raise of 1 of a minor, e.g. 1 - 4 as a fit-showing RKCB in . Of course it means giving up some natural bidding sequences involving both minors, but they are easily identifiable and not particularly useful in natural terms, unlike their equivalents involving the majors in a pure Kickback scheme.

#25 User is offline   AyunuS 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2018-June-03, 21:37

Honestly I'd think you'd best just go for 6NT here. You never got a good read on partner's hand so it's best to just assume they only have about 12 HCP. That combined with your 19 is only about 31, but you have good finesse/endplay options to likely make 6NT anyways. But your partner is likely missing one or even both red kings, so grand doesn't seem likely enough to be worth bidding. However, if you made a cuebid before going to 4NT, and then partner had made a cuebid, then I'd go for grand, but the bidding didn't do anything like that.

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users