• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Slow play and spectacular result

#21 User is offline   paulg 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2018-June-02, 07:37

View Postblackshoe, on 2018-June-02, 02:25, said:

If you ask the pairs who received A/A on a board, given a 10 mp top, how many mps they got on that board, the correct answer is 5. The PP (say 1 mp on a 10 top) is subtracted from their total mp score. At least, that's the way ACBLScore does it.

This is fine for pairs and is also fine for a multiple teams event that is scored on total imps.

Can ACBLScore do this for a multiple teams event that is imps converted to victory points? Or is total imps with a cap for maximum win?

For example, if the other boards in the round were all flat in the match, the score on the match should be -3:-3 imps, which could be 9-9VP depending on the scale.
The Beer Card

I don't work for BBO and any advice is based on my BBO experience over the decades

#22 User is offline   pescetom 

Posted 2018-June-02, 08:26

View Postpran, on 2018-June-02, 00:44, said:

The distinction between PP and AAS:

AVE-/AVE+, AVE/AVE and AVE+/AVE- are typical artificial adjusted scores.

AVE-/AVE- is a typical penalty (and as far as I can understand not a legal artificial adjusted score)

Law 12 distinguishes between Assigned Adjusted Score (12C1) which seems to be what you indicate as AAS, and Artificial Adjusted Score (12C2) which includes the case you mention as "a typical penalty". The former tries to recover the probable outcome of the board had the infraction not occurred, the latter assigns responsibility for the infraction recognising that no result can be obtained. Both are Adjusted Scores. An Artifical Adjusted Score does effectively penalise a contestant directly at fault, but I don't think it can be considered a PP.

#23 User is offline   blackshoe 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2018-June-02, 19:58

View Postpaulg, on 2018-June-02, 07:37, said:

This is fine for pairs and is also fine for a multiple teams event that is scored on total imps.

Can ACBLScore do this for a multiple teams event that is imps converted to victory points? Or is total imps with a cap for maximum win?

For example, if the other boards in the round were all flat in the match, the score on the match should be -3:-3 imps, which could be 9-9VP depending on the scale.

I am not certain, but I think ACBLScore will let you specify PPs in victory points - which is as it should be.
--------------------
As for tv, screw it. You aren't missing anything. -- Ken Berg
I have come to realise it is futile to expect or hope a regular club game will be run in accordance with the laws. -- Jillybean

#24 User is offline   pran 

Posted 2018-June-03, 08:18

View Postpran, on 2018-June-02, 00:44, said:

The distinction between PP and AAS:

AVE-/AVE+, AVE/AVE and AVE+/AVE- are typical artificial adjusted scores.

AVE-/AVE- is a typical penalty (and as far as I can understand not a legal artificial adjusted score)

View Postpescetom, on 2018-June-02, 08:26, said:

Law 12 distinguishes between Assigned Adjusted Score (12C1) which seems to be what you indicate as AAS, and Artificial Adjusted Score (12C2) which includes the case you mention as "a typical penalty". The former tries to recover the probable outcome of the board had the infraction not occurred, the latter assigns responsibility for the infraction recognising that no result can be obtained. Both are Adjusted Scores. An Artifical Adjusted Score does effectively penalise a contestant directly at fault, but I don't think it can be considered a PP.

Sorry for the confusion, no I did not use the word assigned anywhere in my post and meant AAS as an abbreviation for artificial adjusted score.

As far as I can remember I have never awarded an assigned adjusted score with reference to average (nor plus or minus).
PP can be imposed directly (for instance) as some percent of a top (matchpoints) or a certain number of IMPs or Victory points.

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users